Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm searching for a decent holster for my sr45, does anybody have experience with the alien gear holster either iwb or owb or the fobus paddle holster? I don't have a ton of money to spend so any opinions would help

·
Registered
47 Posts
I always get the FOXX IWB hybrid holsters instead of the alien gear ones because they use real leather and kydex and only cost like $5 more. If you get a FOXX don't get them with the standard metal belt clips because they don't work good. I use the other options they offer. The last holster I got from them had leather that was a little thinner than I like so I sent it back to them and they sent me another one with thicker leather, no questions asked. If you like the thicker leather you might want to mention that when you place the order.

·
Dog Soldier
1,782 Posts
Look at simply rugged holsters. I saw a good 1911 holster on there web sit. And it is one the can be IWB and OWB.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I have an Alien Gear IWB and . . . . once you get it on and in place . . . .
is VERY comfortable. It's just the first five or more minutes.

P.S. Their lead time is about a month (as of the first one and a second one
I ordered and then cancelled).

Simply rugged are excellent. They are starting to get a bit pricie, but
are excellent.

I got two "OUTBAGS" OWB holsters from Amazon. They are $32 for full
leather, well formed and durable. I would rate them a four of five stars,
until you look at the price. With that in mind, they rate a five star. :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
product and service from Aliengear is good for me. don't mind the two weeks it takes, and they do work well. most comfortable inside the waistband carry I have found. found there is a bonus to ordering the SR45 holster. works on the other four SR's I own as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Alien Gear IWB 1.0 for my Glock 19 and the Alien Gear IWB 2.0 and OWB for my SR1911LW CMD. I like all of them a lot. The IWB are the most comfortable IWB holsters I have used.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,414 Posts
I'm impressed with the alien gear tuck. 2.0 and 3.0 are pricier but there's a combo deal offered on the website.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a CrossBreed IWB for my SR9c.
I have an AlienGear IWB primarily for my Sig P320.

I like both for their comfort.

I like the CrossBreed for fit and reholstering. The leather backing holds shape better then AG's neoprene backing. (However, I believe the newest generation AG has a more rigid inner layer which may improve the compressibility of Gen 2.)

I like AG for the interchangeable shells, lifetime shell exchange policy and retention adjustability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts