Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my concealed permit after purchasing my new LC9.

I realize holsters are primarily personal preference and i'll end up purchasing many as I find what works best for me depending on attire, occasion etc... however I figured i would do some research and ask those that have already blazed the trail.

I work from home so when I do go out, during the winter months i'm usually in adidas pants and a sweatshirt - so i'm looking for something i can conceal inside the waist. Any recommendation as to something that clips on an elastic waist band (perhaps twice?). I suppose this could be used for casual jeans (shirt untucked) too... though i'm not apposed to getting a few. I'd think that having on jeans (tighter) or even belt would appease something smaller whereas elastic waist band would require something a bit more secure?

Thanks in advance and appreciate any recommendation or general advice.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I use a Kramer clip holster and a Simply Rugged pancake holster that can go OWB or IWB. Both have their place for my SP101.

Half the fun is the search! You get a lot for your money with Simply Rugged. And no, I have no incentive to push either company, other than being a happy customer.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
There are so many holster that are "just about perfect". I use a RDR (rounds down range) IWB holster for my 1911. They are molded to the specific gun you carry. I use a Foxx holster for my Glock 19, again IWB. I have a Sticky holster for pocket carry of my LCR 22 Mag. I also have a bunch of holsters that I bought while I was looking for the ones I use. Don't over look a belly band, they have worked well for me. I am sure you will find the right holster all it takes is time and money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts