Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the model 754 in Right hand for 4.5" barrel which the site said was a normally stocked item.
I placed my order about 10 days ago and I received an email from them on Friday saying that my item was on B/O from Triple K and should arrived in 6 - 12 weeks???
Here is the email:

We have just received notice from Triple K Manufacturing that one or more of your products are on back order. Triple K Manufacturing is making a new product to your chosen specifications. Your item exists in some form, but is not complete. That is, it is partially made and somewhere in these production steps....

Die cut with a press, or hand cut.
Rough shaping.
Sewing.
Wet molding and forming.
Edges hand sealed and polished.
Dye and finish work.
Hardware installation.
Item stamping.
Packaging.

Estimated delivery from the date of your order is 6 to 12 weeks for holsters, and 4 to 8 weeks for other items. Hopefully we will be able to get this to you sooner, but of course some items, such as left-hand, hand-carved, or lined holsters, take longer to make, and there are also seasonal fluctuations. As soon as we receive all back ordered items from Triple K Manufacturing, we will ship your order within one business day, and send you an email notification.

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you will find it well worth the wait for these custom made products.

Here is the page for the holster:

America's Gun Store, LLC : Triple K - Ruger Hunter Model Holster

Anyone had to wait that long for a stocked item?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:

The holster I ordered was temporarily out of stock at the time of my order and the manufacturer was out as well. I did receive it without any problems.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
UPDATE:

The holster I ordered was temporarily out of stock at the time of my order and the manufacturer was out as well. I did receive it without any problems.
I placed an order with them once and it was placed on back order too. It was a rather old magazine. It took a while but I did get it and it was perfect. It was available no where else either. Well worth the wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received the same message from them. It's been about 10 weeks for my holster and they were awesome enough to ship it to the wrong address. I let them know it was the wrong address as soon as they sent me the shipping confirmation. There was NO apology, no number to call for me to try and sort this out (even after I requested a phone #) and not very quick to respond to my emails. I hope their holsters are nice, because I feel the customer service for this company is lacking greatly. I simple "I screwed up and I'm sorry" would've gone a long way in my book. This will be the last time I order from them.
...stepping off my soapbox now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Concerning the very top post, I received the exact email and decided to cancel. I find it amazing that we are expected to be ok with 2 - 12 weeks for delivery, thats like "I weigh between 80 and 300 pounds. No reputable establishment would do this. Ole' Howdy the owner was right, I should have read the fine print. Thats on me.
I was charged a restocking fee, which I refused (there was absolutely no indication this was custom). The Management sent a scathing email telling me how much my transaction had provided hardship to the business after they waived it. I was told I even ruined their Christmas! I wish I would have done more research on this product and "store" - there a not a lot of good reviews. They are order takers for a factory that fulfills orders. They claim "normally stocked" which seems to be a stretch. They may be good at cowboy toys, but that seems to be their specialty. They should stick to their knitting.

Ole' Howdy Owner has a burr somewhere, I worry when a restocking fee is involved anywhere, and the vicseral reaction to an issue on the part of the actual owner was offensive. This is not a customer oriented establishment - Spend your money elsewhere. There are great establishments out there that care about you and what you need. As a side note, they wave the NRA all over, I am sure they are members in good standing, but the NRA has never been that crass to it's members.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts