Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While packing my "stuff" for an upcoming move, I found a box of holsters that I had bought in a quest for the perfect one. I've setteled on high ride belt mounted hip holsters for all my pistols. What type of holster fits your needs best?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
IWB metal clip-dress tails out all the time-warm weather here-maybe wear a coat five times a year. I still believe strong side (For me 9 o'clock) is the fastest-if you can dress to cover it-I've never been good at raking up my shirt and then drawing at the side-just takes a thumb as I draw when in front-sitting or standing. As you go through the holsters-remember what you paid for them compared to now-you'll need a hanky.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I, too, have the proverbial box of holsters. No one holster fits all of my needs, that is why I got a box of them! I have several El Paso Saddelry holsters. I have three #77 Tortilla holsters, one for my Blackhawk 5 and 1/2 inch, one for my P89, and one for a SP101. I also have an EL Paso Tom Threepersons crossdraw holster for my 7 1/2 inch SuperBlackhawk. Got a Hunter holster that will fit most any gun I got, but it is not ideal. For Concealed carry I use the #77, or I have a Don Hume IWB holster for my P89 that is an outstanding holster, stays open even if weapon is drawn. Now, I need to get another holster for my 3 1/2 Birds Head Vaquero! It is a neverending quest!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I've seen El Paso's cowboy leather-gorgeous!!! Do they also make for autos and revolvers? I like Don Hume's H715 Clip holsters-have 4 or so-I want one with loops soon for strong side carry-what I'm looking for is a good crossdraw like Roy Baker's old pancakes---and an old-style Bianchi shoulder holster for M65 3" with elastic or spring (bobbed hammer)-also for 649 humpback-the chances of locating those in left hand are lots slimmer than I am!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts