Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, my wife reminded me that it's our 25th anniversary. What?! We were married in September, and that was only 23 years ago. Has she gone mad?

No, she hasn't gone mad. It was 25 years ago we went on our first date.... which was actually our second date, but almost a year had gone by between dates so she does not count the first as the first. So whenever we discuss the matter, it's always the first first date or the second first date. I know, it can be confusing.

Man, where has the time gone. 25 years, holy cow.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Time passes... enjoy life every day and take nothing for granted.

I've been married almost 45 years, but my wife, at age 70, has severe dementia.
She does not know who I am and thinks "her husband left her".
It created a quandary for me last December when we would have been celebrating our 44th Anniversary. I quietly noted the date, but she could not.

·
Pony Soldier
8,748 Posts
I have a wife that remembers such things.

Greg

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Congrats Scorpio! All the best to you and your wife!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Congrats Scorpio!
I can't add any more sage advice on top of what's already been said.
Will be celebrating 28 yrs married in a few months.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
All the best to you and Mrs. Scorpio. :)

Mrs. Liberal And I will be celebrating our 30th this September ... plus 8 years of "living in sin." :eek:

·
Registered
338 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!

After I read your post, I pondered my past. Divorced January 1975, I spent the next 40 years as a single man. Now, at 68, I don't date at all and it has worked out extremely well for me!

To each his own.

Flash

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife. May you be blessed with good health as you count the next 25.
It's our 25th too but my wife can't be relied upon to remember anything that has to do with numbers.

·
Banned
551 Posts

It created a quandary for me last December when we would have been celebrating our 44th Anniversary. I quietly noted the date, but she could not.
I feel for you. This disease is the worst way to go, in my opinion. It has impacted my family too. May god's grace keep you and protect you.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Congratulations Scorpio, but stop shouting "Holy Cow" or there won't be a 26th. ... :p

·
Registered
3,891 Posts

I'm in the same situation. My wife, though, usually knows at least that I'm a friendly face. On our 40th I got through to her and got a big smile. Only lasted about a minute. She and I both enjoyed the cake I got though.

It's a tough road my friend. You hang in there.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congratulations! I think?

I would be totally confused. It is hard enough for me to remember our wedding date, much less our first (second?) date date! I would be in the doghouse more than I am now.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to reiterate, this is the 25th anniversary of our second first date, not our wedding. :D

Still though, 25 years with the same woman. There should be a medal for that, or a lapel pin at the very least.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Just to reiterate, this is the 25th anniversary of our second first date, not our wedding. :D

Still though, 25 years with the same woman. There should be a medal for that, or a lapel pin at the very least.
Purple Heart.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations to you both mate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts