Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little trouble sighting this thing in since I had no clue how to adjust those sights (noob) and our binoculars sucked.

We couldn't see the target with our crappy binoculars so I just kept shooting it. I told my cousin "dang IDK where I'm hitting." He said "try hitting that milk just up on the hill" about 20 yrds past our target. I was getting blinded by the sun so with one hand shielding out the sun, I hit that darn thing the first shot. I could barely see it. Then, when we brought the target in, it made a 4" grouping at 100 yds with the iron sights about and inch and a half under the bulls eye.

I felt that was pretty darn good for iron sights.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That is AWESOME...

I had an almost simular first experience with my Mini 14 the first time I shot it around Thanksgiving...

Just got my 2x42mm TruGlo RedDot scope a few days ago that I will be putting on it soon...

Can't wait to see how well it shoots then...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nice work, 2v2nv!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is AWESOME...

I had an almost simular first experience with my Mini 14 the first time I shot it around Thanksgiving...

Just got my 2x42mm TruGlo RedDot scope a few days ago that I will be putting on it soon...

Can't wait to see how well it shoots then...
I can't decide if I want one of those or a good magnifying one. It seems like what I shot today it about the max I'd really want it to shoot so I don't see a huge need to magnify much past it. It would be nice to have made that easier though.

How are those TruGlo's? They are pretty cheap in price but I know nothing about the quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts