Ruger Forum banner

181 - 200 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Loaded and ready at my bed side. Winchester 1300 defender. With a plus 2 mag extension, ATI Talon collapsible stock and forend, UTG folding forend grip, UTG red/green circle dot optic sight and UTG flip up rear backup iron sight mounted on the B-Square rail saddle, UTG backup front iron sight mounted on the UTG tri-rail barrel clamp,sighted in with the SSI sight-rite 12 gauge Laser Bore Sighter. Magpul MS3 combination double or single point sling. Soon to be updated with a Magpul ACS mil-spec stock with the ITT Enidine Shot Shock hydraulic recoil reducing buffer tube, ATI Talon Aluminum 5-Sided Shotgun Forend Short Rail Package and a John Masen Co. polymer heat shield/barrel shroud . new photo soon.

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is my HD shotty, Mossberg 500A 8+1, loaded with 00, 9-pellet, low-recoil rounds. We take it to the range about every other time to stay in practice. My wife is up to 3 rapid shots, on target at 15 yds. This is the one we're goin' to first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Winchester 1300 Defender

Pick one up in 2006 and i keep building it here a Photo of it but now I am adding some part to it well get new photo when I am done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use a Winchester Model 1897 12 gauge made in 1899 with a 20 inch Barrel / Solid Frame that will Slam Fire with 00 Buckshot. Just hold the trigger back and she fires every time you rack the slide.

Here is a picture of one, mine still has 95% bluing and no dings on the stock, it is a beautiful gun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice! I would love to have an 1897 Winchester. The trench gun model would be one of my Grail Guns.
I use this Gen. 3 Mossberg 930 SPX loaded with 9 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 00 buck. On the shell carriers I have 8 Federal Tru-Ball slugs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
12 gauge Winchester Defender TPS (Tactical Punisher Shotgun)

Loaded and ready at my bed side. Winchester 1300 defender. With a plus 2 mag extension, ATI Talon collapsible stock and forend, UTG folding forend grip, UTG red/green circle dot optic sight and UTG flip up rear backup iron sight mounted on the B-Square rail saddle, UTG backup front iron sight mounted on the UTG tri-rail barrel clamp,sighted in with the SSI sight-rite 12 gauge Laser Bore Sighter. Magpul MS3 combination double or single point sling. Soon to be updated with a Magpul ACS mil-spec stock with the ITT Enidine Shot Shock hydraulic recoil reducing buffer tube, ATI Talon Aluminum 5-Sided Shotgun Forend Short Rail Package and a John Masen Co. polymer heat shield/barrel shroud . new photo soon.
I've updated the Build on my 12 gauge Winchester 1300 Defender. Here it is. Simpler, Lighter, Better. It's as close to a FN TPS as I could get it without it actually being one. Kit Fox Defense stock adapter and stock with a Spikes 5.4oz heavy buffer and spring, FAB Defense AGR-43-BLK Rubberized AR-15 Pistol Grip , ATI Five sided aluminum forend with Fortis Mfg. SHIFT short angled hand guard grip. Replaced the old 6 shot barrel and mag tube with 8 shot. NC Star front sight rail barrel clamp, UTG front and rear Iron sights. Plenty of room to add an optic sight if I choose. I no longer see the need for a flashlight, it adds weight and if you turn it on it will just give away your position. I now call it a Winchester 1300 Defender TPS (Tactical Punisher Shotgun)

·
Banned
216 Posts
I use a Winchester Model 1897 12 gauge made in 1899 with a 20 inch Barrel / Solid Frame that will Slam Fire with 00 Buckshot. Just hold the trigger back and she fires every time you rack the slide.

Here is a picture of one, mine still has 95% bluing and no dings on the stock, it is a beautiful gun.

Now that is a beautiful gun!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've updated the Build on my 12 gauge Winchester 1300 Defender. Here it is. Simpler, Lighter, Better. It's as close to a FN TPS as I could get it without it actually being one. Kit Fox Defense stock adapter and stock with a Spikes 5.4oz heavy buffer and spring, FAB Defense AGR-43-BLK Rubberized AR-15 Pistol Grip , ATI Five sided aluminum forend with Fortis Mfg. SHIFT short angled hand guard grip. Replaced the old 6 shot barrel and mag tube with 8 shot. NC Star front sight rail barrel clamp, UTG front and rear Iron sights. Plenty of room to add an optic sight if I choose. I no longer see the need for a flashlight, it adds weight and if you turn it on it will just give away your position. I now call it a Winchester 1300 Defender TPS (Tactical Punisher Shotgun)

[/I][/B][/FONT]
Hey man, I was searching for reviews on the Kit Fox 1300 kit and found your post. To start, that's a great looking weapon you've got there.

There doesn't seem to be much info out there. Are you happy with the Kit Fox kit? How would you rate the quality in regards to fit and finish? Is there really a gap between the 1300 receiver and the Kit Fox? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Some of the shotguns pictured in this thread appear absurd to me. They look more suited to a full-time war/combat environment than a home/self defense purpose. Their appearance could be detrimental in a court case against the owner of such a gun. Can you imagine an attorney holding up one of these 'combat' shotguns in a courtroom for all to see?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have built several tactical shotguns from both Mossberg 500 and Remington 870s. My "house" shotgun now is a 870, 3 inch mag, extended magazine, 20 inch barrel with plastic thumb hole stock, side saddle and new truglo front sight. as far as loads I start with #4 buck and end up with 00 buck. She shoots like a dream.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
El Cheapo Maverick 88 with short barrel and 8 round tube magazine...composite stock..has a light...got a sock with a few extra rounds on the stock...whole shebang set me back under $200 new and I got no fears about it's capabilities....loaded with 00 buck. In a quick grab mount up under the door frame inside my closet in the bedroom...can't see it but it's there...loaded, cocked and on safe..not going to rely on the old "clickety clack" story..if I need it I'm going to have it loaded and just slip the safety...

181 - 200 of 270 Posts