Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the OKC gun show today to find a leather pocket holster for the SP101. I could not find any that covered the hammer spur and that were in my price range $35 or less.

I stopped at Tandy Leather on the way back got a piece of scrap saddle leather. The guy said I needed 8 to 10 ounce leather for a holster. And now I have a nice holster. I got a 9" X 15" piece for $5 and I only use about half of it so I got my holster for $2.50. I already had a leather sewing awl. I'll wet the leather tonite, put the gun in a ziplock baggie and jam the gun in the holster and let it dry. That should let the holster form to the gun.

It's a little too big for my WalMart jeans but fits fine in my dress pants. I'll just have to find a brand of jeans with bigger front pockets. Anyone with a suggestion for jeans with large front pockets.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That will work!

if it tries to print, position an old wallet or id case in front/top of it so only the outline of the wallet/id wallet will print thru your pants---the sp will be concealed behind the outline of the wallet. it will also make it easier to draw from the pocket(at least for me).
folks will just think you got big city ways and carry your wallet in your front pocket.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think they're called Tommys...they have kind of a red flag emblem and they're thick denim and deep, wide front pockets...nice holster...that's usin' your bean and savin' money for ammo and beer!!! You also might check out Blackie Collins' Toters...cordura pockets made into the jeans...about $70 per pair...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.