Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the ruger forums but have enjoyed them a lot in the last few days.

The discussions about going to the range, private ranges and public ranges made me appreciate living here in rural n.e. Pennsylvania. We sometimes take for granted the fredoms we have that those living in more populated areas don't have.

From my back porch the land slopes slightly up for about 150 yards until it meets a pine woods. I can shoot from the porch into small backstops located at 25, 50 75 and 100yds. The slope is enough to provide a safe backstop in itself but not enough to cause an accuracy problem for my uses.

I use a kitchen chair, a "skil" portable tool stand with a caldwell steadyrest for the bench shots and also shoot a lot of offhand.

If it's raining or snowing i can even sit just inside the sliding glass doors and shoot from the kitchen. (it kind of rattles the dishes with the 45-70 and makes the dog nervous.)

Just behind the pine woods are 5000 acres of state game lands and several farms so there are sometimes deer , bear and turkey in the shooting range but we don't shoot "yard critters" in our neck of the woods.

Had a lot of fun shooting the new 10-22's the other day, picked up 3 for the grandkids and me, a takedown, a s/s all weather and a wood/blue carbine.

Always wanted one but got carried away and bought 3.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas! You're lucky to be able to shoot at home.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum... from California. You are so fortunate to have open range space at your home.

Believe it or not, that's how it was for me growing up in (pre-commie) California back in the 1950's and early '60's.
If you lived out in the country you could roam the orchards and vineyards and shoot your 22 at whatever targets you found.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Nebraska! We are the fortunate ones aren't we! I can honestly say, I've never been to a range in my life!! :D

·
Super Moderator
16,265 Posts
Bear1 ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Bear1, I envy you!!
I use to be able to shoot in my yard, but know there are house all around me. I am now limited to a pellet rifle into a backstop in my yard.
Welcome aboard! Post some pictures!!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome from mid-coast Maine, where we also can shoot from the back deck.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Greetings & Welcome to the forum from the "Tar Heel" State of North Carolina.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey....Enjoy!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina.

My wife, son and I shoot from both the back and front deck. Down hill towards the opposite bank of the creek.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.