Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new Springfield Emp 9 MM for a lighter carry piece.
I'm not one to leave things alone so I made a holster since I like leather better than plastic;) Let me know what you think about it:cool:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't own a 1911, so maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but that is the first time I have noticed an accommodation that helps maintain the integrity of the safety position. Very nice!

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't own a 1911, so maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but that is the first time I have noticed an accommodation that helps maintain the integrity of the safety position. Very nice!
Thanks toolman, Good eye on the safety block. I usually don't add that unless the gun has an ambi. safety it just keeps things where they belong since I always carry a 1911 "Cocked and Locked".

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
NICE work. I hope you make those for other people as a business. How do you like the EMP?
Every now and then I will make a holster for a few friends but not really a business. I just picked up the EMP last Saturday and I have only been able to put about 300 rounds through it so far. At this point I am very satisfied with the reliability and accuracy of this mini 1911.:cool:

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Hey Brother....NICE WORK...as per usual...as one of those "few friends" lucky enough to have one of your holsters i can attest to there high quality...outstanding.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Very elegant for a homebrew!! I like it!!

I see the one belt loop...is there another one of some sort on the backside?

I really like the safety lock...I might try to incorporate something like that on a homebrew holster for my SR9c.

Ace

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's exellent work!!, do you hand stitch or sew by machine? looks so professionally done.
Thanks, Its all hand stiched ,2 needles and waxed thread:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
That is a great piece of work there !

I have several 1911 holsters where the back shield is molded to hold the safety in place, but that is a really elegant simple way to do it. Nice work !

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Every now and then I will make a holster for a few friends but not really a business.
You should be hearing from 'Mike' at Roy's soon he asked me the other day for your card again.
Nice job on the holster, as usual!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts