Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I would never do. Not my home and the cops were on the scene. Don't know the outcome yet but this guy could be in for a world of hurt.

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A homeowner fired several shots at two men suspected of breaking into a nearby home in a North Fort Worth residential area.

Police say they received a 911 call of a burglary in progress at about 2:30 p.m. for a home in the 10000 blk. of Tulare Lane, in a neighborhood just west of the Alliance Town Center.

When officers responded to the call, a citizen passenger riding in the patrol car jumped out and attempted to chase the burglary suspects who were trying to drive away in a small grey sedan.

A second citizen, a homeowner in the neighborhood, then fired as many as seven shots at the burglary suspects, hitting them both.

The two suspects were transported to JPS Hospital. Their conditions are unknown.

Police continue their investigation to determine if either of the citizens involved should face any charges.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Yeeeeah, I don't think that's too justified. Shooting at people who are no threat to your safety is a big no no in my book...plus if they were driving, that'd mean he's shooting into the street with other houses around probably. He could've killed an innocent bystander. Not to mention the police could have opened fire on him!

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Hopefully there is more to the story and just the media spin trying to make it sound worse than it was.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Using his gun to shoot criminals who were fleeing from a neighbor's home. A very bad idea. No way to claim he was in danger.
God help him if they were shot in the back. And even if the DA doesn't indict, the criminals will file civil lawsuits and probably win.
Yep, most likely he's in a world of hurt.

Climbing out of the police car while on a "ride-along" and chasing the bad guys unarmed, on foot... that is absolutely crazy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Reminds me of a man named Joe Horn who shot and killed two people breaking into his neighbor's house in Pasadena back in 2007. Happened in the neighborhood right behind my church.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Something is missing from this report. But I would never shoot at "possible suspects" that "I" didn't actually witness trying to hurt another human.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Funny how these diligent citizens noticed them and chased and fired at them as the cops did nothing.

I agree. Something is missing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is deffinatly something missing, how did the ride along jump out of the patrol car? how did the citizen on sight know what was happening, There is a lot missing.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Funny how these diligent citizens noticed them and chased and fired at them as the cops did nothing.

I agree. Something is missing.
Strange..... :confused:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Shooting update: FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police responding to a 9-1-1 call for a burglar with a bat, ended up watching a citizen observer and a resident chase down and shoot both suspects.

Police received a 911 call of a burglary in progress at about 2:30 p.m. for a home in the 10000 blk. of Tulare Lane, in a neighborhood just west of the Alliance Town Center. The woman who made the call told CBS11 she heard several booms coming from behind her house.

“Climbed on a chair and looked over my fence and saw a guy with a bat at the back of the house,” she said, asking not to be identified. “I was not sure what exactly what was going on. I was thinking he doesn’t look like he fits back there with a bat so that’s when I called 911.”

Police said the home the man was breaking into was actually occupied. The resident ran out, and eventually so did the burglar.

When officers responded to the call, they spotted the burglar running through the neighborhood and a small grey sedan that was backing up to pick him up. A citizen passenger riding in the police patrol car then jumped out and attempted to chase down the burglary suspect.

A second citizen, who police said had been notified of what was happening by the original burglary victim, then ran toward the scene with a handgun. He fired as many as nine shots at the burglary suspects, hitting them both.

Update Shooting: Police said the resident with the gun believed that the citizen observer was an undercover officer in plain clothes, and that the burglars were attempting to run him over with their car. Major Paul Henderson said the man fired believing officers were in danger.

Citizens who ride along with police are typically required to sign a waiver Henderson said, and are instructed not to leave the vehicle or become involved in any situation. He said a review of the program would now be necessary.

Police continue their investigation to determine if either of the citizens involved should face any charges.

The two suspects were transported to JPS Hospital. Their conditions are unknown.

·
Super Moderator
22,047 Posts
My comment: sounds like the guy was a decent shot hit two guys with a handgun running while he was on the run.

Secondly: Who rides around in a police car (voluntarily) except a wannabe?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Man if this person lived in NY he would get life just for thinking about pulling something like that.

My personal belief is if they aren't endangering or threatening someones life then I notify the cops and let them handle it. If they are threatening someone then its on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts