Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank each of our active Members that has made this Board what it is today, but I think there are three that stand out from the very early days of the Board, that has been very instrumental in keeping the Board alive, and making it a wonderful place. I would like to say, (hats off) and Congratulations to Gunman42782 (Membership Date 8/17/2006), RNettles (8/20/2006), and Sheepdog (8/23/2006). Thanks Guys for the hard work and devotion that you have put into this Board. It is greatly appreciated that we have the kind of place that we now have to enjoy.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I would also like to add KP97DC to that list.

When I first started this board back in January it wasn't going anywhere. Months would go by without any activity, in 7 months this board had 3 members, including myself! Then in August, KP97DC joins the board, and sends me an email asking if it's OK if he tries to recruit some members. I replied; sure as I would love to see the board become active. From that day on, the board was getting ~10 members a day. While I made this forum, I label Calvin as Rugerforum Founder, because it was him who found this forum and made it what it is today.

Thank you Calvin and the rest of you guys, for all of us make the forum what it is today!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[:I] I was fortunate to have great people helping from the start, and it just keeps getting better. Shows what happens when good people decides something good. :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
In the old days we would call all you guys "plankowners". Appreciate all the work that has been done by you four that makes this a great place to come and relax.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well, gosh, I am humbled to be singled out like that. Thank you sir. I have enjoyed every minute of it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Plankowners, huh? I'm thinkin' there've been times "they" were gonna have me WALKIN' a plank....I've learned so much here...found some real good friends, and had my faith in the men of America strengthened greatly...I love you each and all...many happy days ahead......

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gentlemen,

I wasn't here at the beginning. Not because I didn't want to be, but because I didn't know this forum existed.
It wasn't until SteveB mentioned it, and Iowegan sent me the link that I learned about it. Then I signed up.
I would also like to congratulate you on the good work. Making forums run smoothly is no easy job.

Thanks for having me.

Joe

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Thanks for all of the hard work that all of you do! Because of each of you guy's, this is a darn good forum. It's my favorite one & the first place I visit when I get time to relax a little.
Thanks again
Sam :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
As a newbie to this forum, and enjoying it immensely I would like to express my thanks to those whom have worked to make this such a great place. May the fruit of your labors continue to prosper.
Thank you guys, each and everyone,
peace

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd like to thank the one's responsible for starting this place....and all the members for making it a nice place to visit & set a spell.

I found this place quite by accident. I was looking for a ruger forum...google search showed me the way to the "Other" place but not here. I joined in over there& was made to feel welcome. I just happened upon a post linking this forum & i clicked. I spend most of my Ruger time here. I can't explain it in words but, there is just "Something" about this forum. ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gentlemen take a bow, it gives me great pleasure to be able to read what you people think and do. Handgunning is a great hobby with great people. Keep it going. If information is needed this is the place to come.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This forum is filled with folks that make it a pleasure to be a part of. I have known and respected Gunman42782 for sometime from the other Ruger forum, and I will say it loud and proud that I consider myself fortunate to call him friend. His contribution to the world at large makes it a better place; his influence is not limited to just these forums. Thank you, Tim, for your always stimulating and thought provoking posts.

The moderators here are very patient and understanding, from my short time observations here. A first class, top rate forum, to be sure. I hope I stay on their good side. Good job, gentlemen!

Ah, Sheepdog. What can I say about old Sheepdog. Anyone that lets a new dog into his territory and onto his turf, AND shares his feed bowl full of blueberry pie with him is top notch in my book. To think that wolves and sheepdogs are natural adversaries, and he still welcomes me with a wagging tail speaks volumes about his integrity. But hey, Sheepdog, just don't try to sniff my butt, o.k? I've got your six, especially when it comes to guarding the pie and Miss Molly.

One of the things I like so much about both Ruger forums is the way that the "old timers" will take the time to welcome newcomers, and patiently answer any question from those that might not be so experienced. You don't see that on other forums to the degree that is shown here. I have yet to see more than a handful of snobs at either forum. Slobs, yes, but not snobs. Perhaps it's because we all like and own Rugers, which are the guns of everyday great Americans, not status symbols of some elite gun club. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'll put any of my Rugers up against any of the "designer" guns and feel confident that I will hold my own. And for a lot less money.

To all the members here, you also make this forum what it is. without all of you, it simply wouldn't work. Just my opinion, but I think you're all great guys. Thanks for letting me hang out here.

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I heard about in the other forum and decided to stop by for a while and see how it was. I just fell in love with the forum and the folks here are super to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts