Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440718059.120744.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440718150.577052.jpg This will make recoil rod assembly number 3. Been having some trouble with my LC9s, mainly recoil rods breaking after about 600-700 rds. Called Ruger & 4 days later there's a new recoil rod in my mailbox. When I called I said this has been done twice already, then I asked if there is a limit on how many rounds can be fired on these recoil rods? The representative said I should be able to fire as many rounds as I want & shouldn't be limited in any way, she said they want me to enjoy my experience with this firearm as much as possible. She also said they have been having problems with the rods breaking at the "washer" end & they have added more material there. I tried to get a good picture of the "end" of the assembly & it does seem just a tid bit bigger; not much though. I hope this works out for me because I love this little pistol! I've been firing the crap out of it to make sure it's reliable but usually 100rds at a time, then clean/lube after 200rds; so it's not like I'm just beating it to death. Been alternating between my SR9c & shield .40 for carry, both have over 2000 rds through them & run like a top! But this LC9s sure is more comfortable & I hope I can gain trust in it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts