Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with this bullet? I'm loading it in a 71/2" SBH. Am I correct in assuming it doesn't need to be lubed? Is it lubed at the factory already? It doesn't look like it. I will be using Universal and large pistol primers. My loads will not be heavy hunting loads, just something medium to light.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hodgdon Reloading Data

It may be easier to use the information in Hornady's reloading manual if you have access to one.

The Hodgon web site has reloading info that you can use to build a load to suit you.

http://www.hodgdon.com

Keep' em in the black!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I haven't used that bullet but it is the soft lead swaged variety meant for plinking and target shooting in mild loads. Swaged bullets like that are pre-lubed with a dry lube; you will notice a weave type pattern in the bullet and that is what keeps the lube on.

The first suggestion about looking in Hornady's load manual is very good. They list loads for their jacketed and swaged bullets.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
I leaded up a bbl in a 38 SPL with Hornaday 158 gr lead bullets. If they don't have a gas check then I would try to get my hands on a Hornaday manual to see what velocity they recommend using them at.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I alox all them hornady knurled bullets, especially the wc's and hbwc's. Keep them under 1000fps and they shoot good. Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.