Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a box of Hornady Critical Duty 9mm and noticed that they are slightly longer then their standard 9mm CD.

Have you had any jamming issues using this ammo in your 9mm's?

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
The critical duty I believe is also a hotter load than the critical defense. My only 9mm is a Luger and that only cycles well with +p rounds.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Haven't used them yet; I sure that Hornady made sure that they would work in all semi's...

·
Registered
658 Posts
I know it's expensive but always run some of your defense rounds thru your semi. Defense situation is not the time to find out if your gun likes em.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ran two boxes each of Critical Defense and Critical Duty through my P89 to confirm reliable feed and function.
All rounds functioned perfectly and I did not notice a difference in felt recoil or point of impact from 115 gr FMJ practice ammo from UPC and Winchester.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an SR9c and I bought a box of Hornady Critical Defense. It will not chamber a single round of this ammo. I haven't fired the gun yet, but regardless, it's very annoying when a handgun won't properly cycle ammunition. egh

·
Registered
27 Posts
i've put a few round of both through my XD9sc and actually found the critical duty to be more accurate for me(go figure) both cycle flawlessly, but the critical defence is made for compact guns. both are great rounds, just see which works best for you.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
With the Hornady brand...I've stuck with either the XTP or the FTX rounds...mainly for my wife's Springfield XDm 3.8. They shoot great through her pistol and she likes those rounds.

Personally, I've been shooting Littlestone's 9mm ammo loaded with the the Sierra JHP's! I LIKE that round! It has a little bit of a 'smack' to it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts