Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently had the small primer shuttle/slide assembly on my Hornady LNL fall apart. Additionally, a while back I bent/broke the depriming spindle on my 7.62x39 die set when I (unknowingly) tried to remove a crimped primer. I knew this was my fault and expected to have to purchase a replacement.

I contacted Hornady customer service by email and this was their response:

Although the die set is not a warranty issue, we will send out replacements at no charge as a courtesy. We will also send out a replacement part for the small primer slide assembly on your LNL AP press no charge as well. Please be watching for these parts in the mail.

Hornady Sales Team

I did not expect that at all. What great customer service. I wanted to pass this experience along to other Hornady (or potential Hornady) customers.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It's great that some companies still believe in customer service. It is really good to know that about Hornady.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hornady has great CS

Thewelshm

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Hornady is exactly what they should be for customer service.

If you ever have a chance to stop by their bullet plant and head quarters in Grand Island, NE, you'll quickly understand why fantastic customer service comes naturally for them. I travel out that way for work regularly and I stop in for some factory second bullets every time. I've taken their plant tour so many times I might as well get a paycheck on their line. Everyone I've talked to there, from the customer service reps, the tour guide gals, the engineers, plant floor operators, inspectors, packers, smelters, machinists, mechanics (I try to have a different conversation during the tour every time), they're all salt of the earth, just plain good people.

Their bullets are good, some [email protected] good, especially for the money, but I almost always start my load development with Hornady bullets simply because of their customer service and company culture. I don't always end up picking their bullets, but most of the time when I start with them, I find myself and my needs satisfied, and I don't have to look much further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same issue with my small primer shuttle as well, the pin holding the wheel fell out. I fixed it with some locate (forget the number 6 something it's retaining compound). Hornady sent me a new 1 as well though, been waiting for my repair to fail before swapping in the new one

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same issue with my small primer shuttle as well, the pin holding the wheel fell out. I fixed it with some locate (forget the number 6 something it's retaining compound). Hornady sent me a new 1 as well though, been waiting for my repair to fail before swapping in the new one
Should have tried your fix Todd. I tried to peen the shuttle base after reinserting the wheel assembly and the pot metal just cracked. Next time....

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've had to call 3-4 times. Every time they are extremely helpful and never had to pay for shipping or for the parts themselves. Top notch company.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've had to call twice now and both times they sent the parts at no charge but she made me feel really guilty.
"Well this is no fault of ours but I suppose I'll send you the parts" was what I was told.
Had a deprimer pin snap and a shell retainer spring get messed up.
I was very nice and thankful.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
I have had nothing but a good experience with Hornady CS. Anything I need for my LnL is replaced and shipped on their din[me inc. shipping.

Like you I had a decap rod break while decapping .40 brass, a 9MM was inside the .40 case and got by me. Told the CS rep what happened, asked what my bill to replace it was and he told me no cost. They put it in the box with the press part and I had it in 2 days. he said they have a no BS warranty and I believe it.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I use their ammo but have never dealt with their customer service. Your experience is great to hear.

·
Premium Member
14,401 Posts
They are priced very well too. Have both the single stage and the AP and love 'em!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had issues with several beam scales and just could not get them to be repeatable. Seth from Hornady upgraded me to a electronic bench scale and so far its working really well. Too bad as I really liked the beam scale but wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It seems like nearly all the reloading manufacturers have fantastic customer service. I personally really like Hornady find their match bullets to be fantastic value.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts