Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hornady Interbonds cost about 4 1/2 cents each. They look like they would make a pretty good hunting bullet. Is there anything less expensive for target shooting? I just bought 100 Interbonds in 6mm.....Robin

·
Registered
756 Posts
You might want to check your math. $4.5o for 100 bullets is pretty cheap. I've been using Hornady 150g BTFMJ for target shooting at a cost of around $20 from Midway.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hawken, if you got Interbonds for 4.5¢ a piece, I will order some for myself right now! (Where'd ya get 'em for that price?) They are a very good bullet and do a great job on game. They are accurate and I have had no complaints. There are lots of good bullets a guy could use, and if I had a lot of money, I would try them all. But those Interbonds will serve you very well... especially if you got them at that price!

But I wouldn't use them in target shooting. They cost too much for that. (Usually they're more like 45¢-50¢ a piece. You can get the similar, but less rugged SST Interlocks for more like 30¢.) So I would suggest you use the ones (or similar ones) that mnh2obuff uses.

Tom

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
After reviewing my math, I found that I was absolutely WRONG, they are 22.9 cents each, still not bad for a premium bullet, but, I am still looking for a cheaper equivelent, something on the order of Midway's Dog Town bullets....Robin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts