Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I was always fond of "Freddy Krueger's" good one liners he used before he finished you off!

Some others that always come to mind:

1) Thirteen Ghosts
2) Sleepy Hollow
3) Friday the 13th
4) Saw

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm a HUGE scary movie fan, like all of them and even the old Tales From The Crypt. But my favorites are the 80's slasher films. Halloween, Friday The 13th, Christine, Pet Sematary etc

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like B horror movies. Zombie Strippers, Evil Aliens, Mega Piranha, etc. they are a hoot. By no means quality content...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
When I was a kid there was a movie about an alien who crash landed near an artic science research station at the northpole. His crash site was eventually discovered by the Air Force and brought to the science station for further evaluation...needless to say he got loose and raised cain among the station populus. This movie scared the "beans" out of me as a kid big time! :eek:

Today I own the DVD version of the movie and play it every Halloween and it still gives me goosebumps when I watch it :eek:

The alien was played by an unknown western 'star to be'...James Arness and the title of the 1953 black & white movie is..."The Thing"...anybody remember that flick?

Lately the first "Alien" movie, which came out back in the early 80's, still creates lots of chills for me.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I tend to lead towards more creepy than gory. I liked the original Saw film, but thought they ended up taking the franchise WAY too far and they ruined it.

Some of my favorites though are:
1. Event Horizon (still can't watch that one alone)
2. Friday the 13th - Only the original, though. I didn't like the rest. Like, Jason in Space...Really?
3. The Ring
4. The Exorcist
5. The Exorcism of Emily Rose

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Exorcism of Emily Rose is my all time fave! Loosely based on a true story and it leaves enough to your imagination to really give you the creeps. I watch it every Halloween. Also liked the Ring movies for their originality.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I know it's more of a thriller then horror, but we like the original "The Hitcher" with Rutger Hauer.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
When I was a kid there was a movie about an alien who crash landed near an artic science research station at the northpole. His crash site was eventually discovered by the Air Force and brought to the science station for further evaluation...needless to say he got loose and raised cain among the station populus. This movie scared the "beans" out of me as a kid big time! :eek:

Today I own the DVD version of the movie and play it every Halloween and it still gives me goosebumps when I watch it :eek:

The alien was played by an unknown western 'star to be'...James Arness and the title of the 1953 black & white movie is..."The Thing"...anybody remember that flick?

Lately the first "Alien" movie, which came out back in the early 80's, still creates lots of chills for me.
I was 6 years old in 1953 and yes, of course I remember that movie. Scared me too.
Also "The War of the Worlds" based on the Orson Well's famous radio show came out about that same time period. Big tripod looking Martians with long flexible necks - whew, didn't sleep at all the night my dad took me to see that

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Shining . Jack Nicholson makes the original one of the best. Not to mention Stephen King wrote it. :eek:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't really have a favorite horror movie but the scariest would have to be a marathon of "Honey Boo Boo"!
Is that the little chubby blonde girl? That's funny! I've never watched her show, but her family looks scary.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
:eek: I love everything about Halloween. I love horror movies too. What is your favorite horror movie or series of horror movies? (It doesn't have to be a bloodbath to be a great horror movie)

My favorite series is Phantasm. The Phantasm series are original, creepy and with some gore.

Phantasm (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sixth Sense. That had me going the whole way. Besides that House on Haunted Hill - both versions.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts

Oh yeah, and it was the best version!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Two words,

Evil Dead.

.........and all the sequels.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts