Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know, I'm addicted to FrogLube. I live in Phoenix so quite a bit of the year it's 100°+. Now (finally) it's starting to cool off near class M planets. So, FrogLube is properly applied with your gun at about 100°. I don't have a hairdryer so I bought a heat gun made by Black & Decker. I used it for the first time tonight. It worked great! With the FrogLube applied, I can hit it with the heat gun and the lube gets nice and thin. So it's great for getting into the hard to reach areas. When the lube is runny, I blow off the excess with compressed air and then wipe it down as usual. Now I can make sure everything is lubed without having to worry that I've left too much on.

The stuff still amazes me. I fired 100+ rounds through my SR1911, which has been cleaned multiple times with FrogLube. No more scrubbing anywhere. The dirt just wipes off.

If you're like me and have no use for a hair dryer, I highly recommend this little B&D heat gun, which I got on Amazon for $29! It's also much easier to direct the heat where you want it and has a built in stand so the nozzle doesn't touch anything while it's hot.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
When I want to apply it as liquid I put some paste in an aluminum pie tin...also if I want to coat small parts I put them in the pie tin to apply heat...that protects the bench and whatever from getting too much direct heat from the heat gun...

Large parts I heat the part then brush on the paste...

I just got my first jar of this stuff a week ago...I have used it extensively on countless parts already as assembly lube and thread cutting lube and a crap load of other stuff too...

No more wax or dri-lube or oil on my tools and equipment...

Guns are the tip of the iceberg for the uses of this stuff...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Great tip... Thanks

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I want to apply it as liquid I put some paste in an aluminum pie tin...also if I want to coat small parts I put them in the pie tin to apply heat...that protects the bench and whatever from getting too much direct heat from the heat gun...

Large parts I heat the part then brush on the paste...

I just got my first jar of this stuff a week ago...I have used it extensively on countless parts already as assembly lube and thread cutting lube and a crap load of other stuff too...

No more wax or dri-lube or oil on my tools and equipment...

Guns are the tip of the iceberg for the uses of this stuff...
Great idea about the aluminum tin (also a good excuse to by a pie!)

I've had my tub of paste and bottle of liquid for about 4 or 5 months now and they're both still almost full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts