Ruger Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like my RAR .308win Predator!
It has a bit tuning:
muzzle brake, add weight in the original stock, real free floating barrel, pull trigger weight about 1,76 lb.
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP
Ammo reloaded: PPU brass, Sellier&Bellot LR primers, Vihtavuori N140 41.3grs powder, Lapua Scenar 167grs bullet.

That's my best groups at 300metres; normally 0,6-0,7 MOA. (300 metres= 328yd).
The ruler measures in centimetres not in inches (1cm= 0,393701 inch)
If I do my job, it shots very well (for an hunting rifle).

Max 3 shoots, after that you can't expect precision; barrel too hot.

Regards!

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
30-06, 223/556/6.5 Creedmoor/300BLK. All will less than an inch all day ecpceryday at 100 yards. The creed and 223/556 a little better.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I like my RAR 223 Compact. I put a 4-12X40 Redfield Revolution scope on it. I would not want to be an Eastern Oregon Sage Rat out in the open! I am not a target shooter, Sage Rats are a different matter, the RAR Compact is perfect pest medicine in my book.
FM
Flyn...love your avatar!! We have 2 of them. Never a dull moment.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My son has a left handed stainless model in .30-06. Getting about the same accuracy. He loves the rifle. It's a good shooter. The only thing is that the barrel heats up after 5-6 successive shots and degrades the accuracy a lot. Once it cools down, it's back to near MOA. Well made rifle for the price.
I had the barrel cryo treated and got overlapping cloverleaf shots with trophy copper ammo at 50 yards and no stringing after the barrel heated up. I’m gonna keep this one now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi -- I just got this in the Spring, lightly used. It's from 2015, in .223 — model 06913. No probs so far with the rotary mag, about 200 rounds so far. I Polished to bolt to quiet the "zipper", polished inside the trigger housing, and just this week replaced the Trigger return spring with 3/4 of a ball pen spring. And lightly lubed 'everything' w/Synth grease like for fishing gear. Pull is now about 2-1/2 lbs.:thumbsup: I put a 4-12 Bushnell DOA-AO on and am getting it zeroed - I can do about 1" to1-1/2" at 100yds. from a bench rest, and a 3 x 5” vertical string at 200 yds. I have to get more used to the new trigger, I've only fired about 40 rounds so far. Mostly Win 45g, AmEagle 55g, and MFS 62g. All about as accurate as the others. Locally I can't find any heavier ammo, :mad: like 70g or so - NE Canada - only One Basspro (within 100 mi+) in town and a couple small LGS. Mail order makes any rounds very expensive unless I get an order over $300 — do I maybe need a case of something ?? 😊

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like my RAR .308win Predator!
It has a bit tuning:
muzzle brake, add weight in the original stock, real free floating barrel, pull trigger weight about 1,76 lb.
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP
Ammo reloaded: PPU brass, Sellier&Bellot LR primers, Vihtavuori N140 41.3grs powder, Lapua Scenar 167grs bullet.

That's my best groups at 300metres; normally 0,6-0,7 MOA. (300 metres= 328yd).
The ruler measures in centimetres not in inches (1cm= 0,393701 inch)
If I do my job, it shots very well (for an hunting rifle).

Max 3 shoots, after that you can't expect precision; barrel too hot.

Regards!
During covid-19 lockdown period , in Italy, I was lucky not to get sick!
So , I thougt to change my RAR predator .308win stock; a pretty crazy idea!
However this is the result: very essential

and this one of the first groups: 300meters, sierra Match King #2190 150grains, 43grains vihtavuori N140, cases Fiocchi, primers sellier&bellot LR

Requires improvement, but satisfied (the ruler is in centimeters)!
Best Regards!

·
Registered
16 Posts
During covid-19 lockdown period , in Italy, I was lucky not to get sick!
So , I thougt to change my RAR predator .308win stock; a pretty crazy idea!
However this is the result: very essential View attachment 144644

and this one of the first groups: 300meters, sierra Match King #2190 150grains, 43grains vihtavuori N140, cases Fiocchi, primers sellier&bellot LR
View attachment 144645
Requires improvement, but satisfied (the ruler is in centimeters)!
Best Regards!
Ciao Giga!
Nice to reed you many miles far also.
Veeeeery nice the new dress.
It's very Accuracy Intl style, my forbidden dream.
Writing from the same country. Being lucky to get out from covid lockdown well too, I had have to bring at home a Ruger RPR .338 LM (just to celebrate of course)

Stay healthy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Trizio e Caio!
The world is really small ;)
Congratulations on your purchase: beautiful beast👍!
We hope to maintain health!

·
Registered
8 Posts

This is the about average group i get with my Predator in .223 at 100 meters home loaded with 69gr STMK and 24.5gr V140 powder, most groups are sub MOA if i do my bit i can get it down to around 0.6 MOA

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi -- I just got this in the Spring, lightly used. It's from 2015, in .223 — model 06913. No probs so far with the rotary mag, about 200 rounds so far. I Polished to bolt to quiet the "zipper", polished inside the trigger housing, and just this week replaced the Trigger return spring with 3/4 of a ball pen spring. And lightly lubed 'everything' w/Synth grease like for fishing gear. Pull is now about 2-1/2 lbs.👍 I put a 4-12 Bushnell DOA-AO on and am getting it zeroed - I can do about 1" to1-1/2" at 100yds. from a bench rest, and a 3 x 5” vertical string at 200 yds. I have to get more used to the new trigger, I've only fired about 40 rounds so far. Mostly Win 45g, AmEagle 55g, and MFS 62g. All about as accurate as the others. Locally I can't find any heavier ammo, :mad: like 70g or so - NE Canada - only One Basspro (within 100 mi+) in town and a couple small LGS. Mail order makes any rounds very expensive unless I get an order over $300 — do I maybe need a case of something ?? 😊
I am curious as to what you polished the bolt with?? My American in 7mm-08 really does the zippin' noise when sliding bolt in/out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Bandit - I took my electric sander to it ! Just used 200g wet/dry paper and didn't press very hard. I've read others who said they just cycled the bolt "a few hundred times" while watching TV. I don't have that sort of commitment. This seems to be a common issue on a lot of Americans. Mine is a 2015 mfg. Also, check the inside of the receiver to make sure that its smooth inside. Some are a bit rough. I've just decided the 4-12x isn't enough to get better than 2-3" at 180 yds, so I'm shopping to move up. There's just not a lot of sales competition here in Atlantic Canada, only one Bass pro in 300 miles plus a few LGS.
Good luck with your zipper ;-p

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi Bandit - I took my electric sander to it ! Just used 200g wet/dry paper and didn't press very hard. I've read others who said they just cycled the bolt "a few hundred times" while watching TV. I don't have that sort of commitment. This seems to be a common issue on a lot of Americans. Mine is a 2015 mfg. Also, check the inside of the receiver to make sure that its smooth inside. Some are a bit rough. I've just decided the 4-12x isn't enough to get better than 2-3" at 180 yds, so I'm shopping to move up. There's just not a lot of sales competition here in Atlantic Canada, only one Bass pro in 300 miles plus a few LGS.
Good luck with your zipper ;-p
Thanks for the info , If I sat in front of tv and cycled bolt a few hundred times, my wife would have a melt down LOL

41 - 56 of 56 Posts