Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but am hoping to get some help. I recently bought a new model Blackhawk. I tried researching how to buy another 45LC cylinder, but there isn't anything on the marked, nor listed on the Ruger website. Does anyone know where I can buy another blued Ruger new model Blackhawk 45LC cylinder to have on hand?

Thanks for your time and help.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another Cylinder

Only from Ruger.
It has to be fit by the factory.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
You just want a spare cylinder? IF Ruger will sell you one you will have to send them the gun as they consider that a fitted part. Call Ruger CS and inquire.

Otherwise search sites like eBay or GunBroker for cylinders that are for sale. May drop in and function, may not. If you go that route and don't know what to look for in a proper fit have a gunsmith check it for you.

Just curious - why do you feel the need for a spare cylinder?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the help!

It's not really a need as much as it is a want. I own multiple firearms, and like being able to reload quickly. Nothing serious or urgent, just curiosity

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Try Gunbroker.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Thank you guys for the help!

It's not really a need as much as it is a want. I own multiple firearms, and like being able to reload quickly. Nothing serious or urgent, just curiosity
That is an interesting concept, I have taken the loaded cylinder out of single actions and the loaded ammo just falls out if the cylinder gets tipped downward.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Clint is messing with a cap and ball gun they reload welll uhhh slow so a extra cylinder makes sense
there is no way i can imagine making any sesnse of this with a base pin gun
rounds all over the place

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ebay ! . I bought a used Ruger cylinder on ebay a short while back in 45 Colt.
Unfortunately, it was advertised as a 45 acp, (which is what I wanted), and it went back; no problems. (But it did fit and function as a "drop-in".)

Among the Ruger used cylinders on ebay, after the .22, the 45 Colt is one of the more commonplace.

Now finding a "drop-in" fit; or fitting it to your gun, is a whole nuther "oprah". And, when you do get it, RELOADING the gun is most likely going to be slower than the conventional way to reload a single action.

Having noted the lack of improved speed in your two cylinder method; I urge you to get one anyway....Just because, YOU WANT ONE.

As already mentioned, since your Ruger is already a 45 Colt, the factory will more than likely fit you a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts