Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a real nice M77 RSI Mannlicher in 30-06. But the trigger is set at about 6 lbs. Anyone have suggestions for getting the trigger down to 3-3 1/2 lbs? I backed off the hex screw in the trigger but it did not do much.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
"Ernie the Gunsmith" sells replacement trigger springs for most versions of the Ruger M77 that do an excellent job of reducing the pull weight safely. The springs are inexpensive and easy to install.

I installed one in my Ruger Gunsite Scout (basically a Hawkye action with an LC 6 trigger) and it reduced the pull from 5 pounds to 2 pounds.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the 77/22 boat paddle 22LR, with the F150TC trigger (needs F150 + tow chain to pull it).

The Volquartsen kit was inexpensive, and did a wonderful job of improving the trigger.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How to adjust Ruger 77 trigger (tang-safety model)

I'm assuming we are talking about an 'original', tang-safety Model 77 here, so I've attached a picture of how to adjust it.
DISCLAIMER: This is for "educational purpose's" only. If your trigger needs adjustment, you should take it to a trained professional to have it done. END OF DISCLAIMER. (see attached image)

Attachments

·
Cat Herder
1,494 Posts
"Ernie the Gunsmith" sells replacement trigger springs for most versions of the Ruger M77 that do an excellent job of reducing the pull weight safely. The springs are inexpensive and easy to install.

I installed one in my Ruger Gunsite Scout (basically a Hawkye action with an LC 6 trigger) and it reduced the pull from 5 pounds to 2 pounds.
I'll second Ernie. I just bought one and installed and it is very light now. Don't have a gauge, but definitely lighter. CS is great too. I thought they'd messed up as my envelope was marked M77 and LC6 had a different option, sent an email, got a response quickly telling me they were the same spring but they were sending a correctly marked package anyway. Now I have a spare.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm assuming we are talking about an 'original', tang-safety Model 77 here, so I've attached a picture of how to adjust it.
DISCLAIMER: This is for "educational purpose's" only. If your trigger needs adjustment, you should take it to a trained professional to have it done. END OF DISCLAIMER. (see attached image)
Years ago, Mother Ruger decided we weren't capable of lightening the M77 Tang Safety rifle triggers ourselves, so they sent an "improvement kit", which consisted of a new "adjustment" screw. You removed the old one, and turned the new one in, till it wouldn't turn any more, at which time it was jammed into its hole, and didn't reach the trigger...no adjustment. It was then difficult to impossible to remove. I think I may still have the original adjustment screw and 77 manual somewhere. Professional help is definitely indicated!:) Several companies sell trigger units that will replace the original Ruger's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts