Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched Guns & Ammo TV last night and they selected a Ruger stainless MK III Target to do their torture test. Now, I've seen them boil a gun, bury it in sand, throw it up on the roof and bury it in mud, Freeze it, drive over a gun with a truck/SUV. Lots of different stuff that simulates an EXTREME real life accident. Those two clowns chose to use the poor MK III for batting practice. Yep, one guy threw the gun to another who would swing and hit it with a wooden bat. They crushed that poor thing. Bent the barrel, smashed in the trigger guard, broke the rosewood grips. Then tried to fire it. They had to straighten the frame & bbl with a vise and cheater pipe. Got the bolt to close and fired one round. So that made the pistol pass their test. I would rather have taken the baseball bat to these two marginal felons than do that to a once very nice Ruger 22!!!!!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Yeah, that proved nothing, other than not to use your gun for batting practice.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Don't know if any of you remember but this whole torture test thing seems to have started when the "other 1911 guru", Chuck Taylor tried to tear up a Glock, either a 17 or 19 back some years ago when Glocks first became popular.. Buried it in the ground, froze it and dropped it in everything from sand to poo-poo. I think he even ran over it with a vehicle for a period of almost a year. I think he finally did crack a part of the grip but it still shot. I always thought he did this test partly because it wasn't a 1911, but mainly because it was a 9MM instead of a .45ACP. Although I'm not personally a big Glock fan, in my opinion, the whole damned test was stupid, proved absolutely nothing and ruined a perfectly good gun. It burns me up see these kind of things done to any brand of gun[V]
baker

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I agree too. A nice Ruger like that would have been much better off in someone's collection then beaten to bits by a couple of morons who sound like they enjoy smashing perfectly good firearms.

I'm sure sights like those put a smile on the anti-gunners faces and fill them with glee.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I would rather they did something along the lines as the testing that CZ did for the police/military trials for the CZ p01. Realistic drop tests, water tests, and dirty weapon...

Point is baseball bat testing, seal in concrete testing, acid soaks and such don't say much.
Not a ruger here, but i've always had a lot of respect for the cz. Read down about the testing requirements they had for this pistol. This type of testing says a lot more about the weapon than bat tests, acid tests, seal in concrete tests, etc.
http://www.cz-usa.com/media_releases.php?m=4&msgid=37

1 - 12 of 12 Posts