Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have to say, since retiring from the military 20 years ago, I had never considered the AR platform as sporting rifles. Until I picked one up off a table as I was leaving a gun show.

The immediate sense of familiarity changed my whole perspective, and started a completely new trip through the show to find my own AR.

After looking at models high to low-end, I settled on the AR-556 from Ruger. I've had nothing but good experiences with my other Ruger firearms, and after a trip to the range, it looks like that tradition will continue with the AR-556.

Now to personalize...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
My first was purchased while in the service. It's still my only AR rifle. At first I was happy to have something similar to my issue rifle, but it doesn't take much to exceed the issued gear back then.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have to say, since retiring from the military 20 years ago, I had never considered the AR platform as sporting rifles. Until I picked one up off a table as I was leaving a gun show.

The immediate sense of familiarity changed my whole perspective, and started a completely new trip through the show to find my own AR.

After looking at models high to low-end, I settled on the AR-556 from Ruger. I've had nothing but good experiences with my other Ruger firearms, and after a trip to the range, it likes like that tradition will continue with the AR-556.

Now to personalize...
I got out of the Marines 30 years ago..I look at HKs & FALs & AKs & SCARS but all that AR training just sticks...so why would I consider another platform? :cool:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome & enjoy your new AR...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts