Ruger Forum banner

How Did You Initially Find RugerForum.Net?

• Intentionally - I was looking for a Ruger forum

Votes: 629 38.3%
  • Accidentally - While searching the web for Ruger info

Votes: 802 48.8%
  • Referred by a friend

Votes: 33 2.0%
  • Saw RF.net on Facebook

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Saw RF.net on Twitter

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Saw RF.net on TopGunSites.com

Votes: 6 0.4%
  • Saw RF.net linked in a post on another gun forum

Votes: 65 4.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 80 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you may already know, RF.net recently hit a major milestone with the addition of our ten thousandth member (currently at 10,206 and growing every day :D). While I personally found RF.net during a web search to gather some information on my P95 in April of 2008, I thought that I would set up this poll as I am curious regarding how the rest of our members found their way here (thought it might be interesting).

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I found it while I was searching for info on my new LCP. This site is what got me hooked on the SP101now I have two SP's.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I started out as a member of the 'other' Ruger sight, but found this one shortly after and like it much better. Seems like there are a lot of 'experts' on the other sight. I usually answer the questions feel like I know something about. If I am wrong, I don't mind being corrected but the other sight made such a big deal of it, I got pissed and left and it was only one post.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I saw this forum mentioned on the other Ruger site and checked it out. Also, I hadn't seen any of Iowegan's posts after awhile on the other site and found he migrated here so joined up here.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Found this place by "chance", while looking for a friendlier place to hang my hat.This is
one of the better forums on the net and the membership here seem to be very respectful
to one another.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
actively searched for a "Ruger Forum" and got both sites. I like and I'm active on both. To me it's like Reloading Manuals, gotto have more than one:D...................................

·
Registered
824 Posts
Seems like, someone on Perfect Union may have mentioned this Forum, though it was in the looking for a Ruger specific forum that I found this one. So, I was intentionally looking, but didn't find it via google or search engine. Active search via word of mouth would be the most accurate way to say it.

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw this forum mentioned on the other Ruger site and checked it out. Also, I hadn't seen any of Iowegan's posts after awhile on the other site and found he migrated here so joined up here.
Rover ... We are indeed fortunate to have Iowegan among us. I'm frequently amazed by the depth and breadth of firearm knowledge that he brings to the benefit if us all.

This is one of the better forums on the net and the membership here seem to be very respectful to one another.
Awwwe ... You're just saying that because it's true (we're modest too) :D

·
Super Moderator
21,179 Posts
I was on a handgun forum and the 9mm was the ultimate fighting handgun there, so as a big bore revolver fan I was out of place and went searching for something Ruger as I owned several. That was in November 2007. Time flies when your having fun.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Back in 2008 I was looking to get my first handgun. I visited several gun sites before purchasing my MKIII 22/45. It was information on this site and the friendly manner in which it was given that convinced me that the 22/45 was a good starting handgun. Never regretted that decision! It was information I got here that led to my first successful breakdown and cleaning of that firearm. I belong to a few forums but spend my time here as it was then and is now the best in my humble opinion.

1 - 20 of 506 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.