Ruger Forum banner

How Did You Initially Find RugerForum.Net?

• Intentionally - I was looking for a Ruger forum

Votes: 629 38.3%
  • Accidentally - While searching the web for Ruger info

Votes: 802 48.8%
  • Referred by a friend

Votes: 33 2.0%
  • Saw RF.net on Facebook

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Saw RF.net on Twitter

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Saw RF.net on TopGunSites.com

Votes: 6 0.4%
  • Saw RF.net linked in a post on another gun forum

Votes: 65 4.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 80 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 506 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Moved from the "other" forum, which I had joined because it was "the best one" and I don't have time for two. I found some attitudes that did not fit me, so I came here. I am much happier with you guys, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was lost but now I'm found

Hello I'm a newbie I guess that works for you it works for me. I have been a gun owner since I was about 7 years old, (BB gun) and now have 4 22's rifles and pistols and a couple of 12 ga. shotguns. I use to hunt as often as I could but I really haven't done anything with my guns for about the last 25 years. Now that I have some extra time and the bad guy's seem to be closing in on me I thought I would buy myself a home protection pistol. After about 3 months of research on the internet I decided to buy a Ruger P95. I picked it up on thrusday and hope to go out and shoot a few rounds this weekend. Still excited about my new toy as I was still reading about guns on the internet I stumbled on this site and I decided to continue my research and handgun education through your forum. I am new to my new pistol and I am new to chatting on these forums so lets see how it goes. Hello everyone its great to be here Solitare

·
Registered
184 Posts
bought the wife a LCP, prolly gonna get the LC9 next, have a few other guns. referred by a friend Dawgface

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found the site looking for barrel length comparisons. I'm looking to get a GP100 in stainless, and couldn't decide on barrel length. Of course, my decision process is shorter since the 5" model is LE-only here due to the ridiculous roster system (which I am sure has prevented boatloads of gun crime :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
34 Posts
I started out as a member of the 'other' Ruger sight, but found this one shortly after and like it much better. Seems like there are a lot of 'experts' on the other sight. I usually answer the questions feel like I know something about. If I am wrong, I don't mind being corrected but the other sight made such a big deal of it, I got pissed and left and it was only one post.
Doc, I had a similar experience. One of the longtime members posted something I only mildly disagreed with. In return he basically accused me of having some kind of an agenda. Another poster PM'd me and said that with my low post count (only a few dozen) and the other fella's thousands of posts I was a newby who should learn to keep his mouth shut. Yet another poster PM'd me to say if I didn't like what was said then "don't let the door hit your a** on the way out." . Probably can go without saying, but you all are a much more agreeable bunch, so here I am. Hope my low post count isn't held against me. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I found this sight while looking for info on the Ruger 10/22. This site is great and I would recommend it for any gun lover. Keep up the great work you guys and I will be eternally grateful!

·
with Butter & Jelly
830 Posts
Found the RF while researching the LCR .38 and .357 Mag and trying to decide which one to get. Thanks to the info here I forked over the extra 40 bones and I now have to guns in one.

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Moved from the "other" forum, which I had joined because it was "the best one" and I don't have time for two. I found some attitudes that did not fit me, so I came here. I am much happier with you guys, thanks!
Ultimately it is determined by which is best for you ... Glad to have you :)

Did a Google search for something Ruger related and a link to a post popped up. I check this board several times a day now :)
We can become addictive here "look innnnnn to the header" :D

I found this sight while looking for info on the Ruger 10/22. This site is great and I would recommend it for any gun lover. Keep up the great work you guys and I will be eternally grateful!
Eternal greatfulness does have a price ... The bill is in the mail ;)

Found the RF while researching the LCR .38 and .357 Mag and trying to decide which one to get. Thanks to the info here I forked over the extra 40 bones and I now have to guns in one.
We always try to help with money management (if there is any left over after to leave your LGS) :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found this site, after googling for Ruger #1 info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dad and I spend a little father son time together and went to the local outdoor range a couple days ago with his brand new out of the box Ruger sr9c, Put about 50 rounds threw the gun, and I totally fell back in love with shooting and im hooked on the hobby again

I was doing a Google search for items for the guy to buy and of coarse Ruger came up first

201 - 220 of 506 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.