Ruger Forum banner

How Did You Initially Find RugerForum.Net?

• Intentionally - I was looking for a Ruger forum

Votes: 629 38.3%
  • Accidentally - While searching the web for Ruger info

Votes: 802 48.8%
  • Referred by a friend

Votes: 33 2.0%
  • Saw RF.net on Facebook

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Saw RF.net on Twitter

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Saw RF.net on TopGunSites.com

Votes: 6 0.4%
  • Saw RF.net linked in a post on another gun forum

Votes: 65 4.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 80 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
I think it was my first strip and clean of the MKIII i was not paying attn. to video getting frustrated i searched and got info i needed been around ever since.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was looking for info about my Redhawk in .357 mag. Did a Google and it led me here and to the 'other' forum. This one looked like a better fit for me.....so here I am!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here just bought my first Ruger gp100 and fired it today at the range. It was amazing. I'm thinking of changing the springs on it and was interested in procuring a copy of iowagans ibok. Just wondering it the 10 post for unlocking the library was still active.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
New here just bought my first Ruger gp100 and fired it today at the range. It was amazing. I'm thinking of changing the springs on it and was interested in procuring a copy of iowagans ibok. Just wondering it the 10 post for unlocking the library was still active.
Thanks
Foxfire ... Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new GP100. In answer to your questions:
1. It still takes a 10 post minimum to access the library
2. The IBOKs have been replaced by the opportunity to order Iowegans Gun Guides (while the current printing lasts). Click the following link for more info http://rugerforum.net/miscellaneous/26246-new-iowegan-gun-guides.html

·
Registered
424 Posts
I stumbled upon my new addiction by investigating the IBOKs. I now have both the DA and SA gun guides right here on my desk! Gotta love this site..

·
Registered
570 Posts
I found the forum as I googled reviews on the LCR 357. Looked like a very informative forum. Glad to be a part of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was searching for a "Ruger, made in America" decal that I thought I saw somewhere. Found this site as a result.

I also noticed the attitude of the "other" site.

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Liberty & Caloney ... We are certainly glad that you found us, and while there are a lot of good folks on each forum (and many are a part of both), we hope that RF.Net consistently demonstrates it's value to Ruger enthusiasts everywhere :)

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
On Rugerforum.com it was mentioned as "the other ruger forum" so I asked a link and sure glad I did. Plenty of room for two.

Buddy

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
On Rugerforum.com it was mentioned as "the other ruger forum" so I asked a link and sure glad I did. Plenty of room for two.

Buddy
Buddy ... That's strange :confused:. We here at RF.net have always thought that RF.com was "the other Ruger forum" :D.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I found it because it was mentioned on the other Ruger Forum....I very rarely visit that one now...however this forum is my home page! I just don't post very often.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
There wasn't a dumb luck option so I went with Accidentally... I Google for reviews on anything I am curious about and I kept coming here as a visitor. Then I saw all the pictures all the time and wanted to join in. And I lived happily ever after.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I was actively searching out forums for Ruger specifically.

I need to reduce my ignorance on handguns and in return I try to contribute back to the fold.
So much to learn...so little time! :)

Forums are a dime a dozen but, decent ones are hard to come by.
Plus it takes active participation from all to make it a decent one.
I always cut Mods some slack on a decent forum such as this because that is a damn hard job.
It is such a fine line to walk as a Mod.
Many times I have seen Good Mods on good forums get burned out due to members treating them with disrespect and not giving them the benefit of the doubt.
I do not see that here.

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Stumbled upon this site while I was reading up about the SR9c. Found a lot of good information, joined right away and now I can't stop getting on here! Great site!
Got you hooked ... mission accomplished :D

There wasn't a dumb luck option so I went with Accidentally... I Google for reviews on anything I am curious about and I kept coming here as a visitor. Then I saw all the pictures all the time and wanted to join in. And I lived happily ever after.
A fairytale ending is always nice ;)

Forums are a dime a dozen but, decent ones are hard to come by.
Plus it takes active participation from all to make it a decent one.
I always cut Mods some slack on a decent forum such as this because that is a damn hard job.
It is such a fine line to walk as a Mod.
Many times I have seen Good Mods on good forums get burned out due to members treating them with disrespect and not giving them the benefit of the doubt. I do not see that here.
Dood has just earned one "stay of execution" for kind words to the Mods :D

41 - 60 of 506 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.