Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was considering the LC9 but I think I am liking the looks and function of the 9c.
How do they compare?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Was considering the LC9 but I think I am liking the looks and function of the 9c.
How do they compare?
Well, I have both and obviously the LC9 is going to be easier to conceal and is lighter. That being said if I had to choose between the two it would be the SR9c. The better sights, more capacity,and better fit in the hand are worth the extra size. I have both so I probably will carry the LC9 in hotter months when all I may have on is a T-shirt & shorts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I carry my SR9c year round ... no problem keeping it concealed even in shorts and a T shirt.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have found the SR40c or 9c carries well in a Mitch Rosin OWB holster except when it gets warm enough to where i only wear a tee shirt, then the LC9 is a lot easier to carry and there is rare occasions when only the LCP will work well. The Sr9c is more pleasant to shoot at the range and is definitely a higher quality firearm and more suitable for self defense. I would not want to be without either, but for most people the SR9c would be the better choice for most of the year, except maybe for someone in a area that is really warm weather most of the year. I have found them both to be completely reliable with any type of ammo.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I have not shot the LC9 but I can tell you that the SR9c is a great shooter and works great in my Remora holster.

If I want to carry something lighter and smaller I will go to my LCR .357.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I have both and obviously the LC9 is going to be easier to conceal and is lighter. That being said if I had to choose between the two it would be the SR9c. The better sights, more capacity,and better fit in the hand are worth the extra size. I have both so I probably will carry the LC9 in hotter months when all I may have on is a T-shirt & shorts.
^^^This makes sense. I bought my SR9c with the intent of CC'ing it. Now I'm looking to add something smaller like the LCP or LC380. MAYBE an LC9 or LCR. I'll keep the SR9c though. I REALLY like it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Mine conceals pretty good even though I carry OWB (under a loose shirt). I like the pinkie extension and that does make the butt stick out a little bit though. I know that it can print sometimes. Especially if it is a windy day and my outer shirt gets pressed up against me by the wind, but I don't really care about printing all that much.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I am going to probably catch heat for this....

The SR9c is a FAR superior CCW than the LC9. Concealing it is only part of Concealed Carry. You have to be able to draw and accurately shoot the gun also. Sure the LC9 wins in the size category, but loses in the others. I tried an LC9 on for a few days and I had trouble drawing it. It could be because I am used to the SR9c. At the Range, the SR9c was easier to shoot, a lot better feeling in hand, and more accurate due to the longer distance between the sights. I view the 17 round capacity as a bonus at the range. In a SD situation, I am not sure I'd need more than the 10+1 (But it's nice to have the 17 round option).

I am not knocking the LC9, I just don't think it is for me. I like range time and the SR9c is a bit more fun than the LC9, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I love shooting my SR9c, but usually carry my LC9 because it fits into my pocket. I have to IWB carry my SR9c, and I just prefer pocket carry as being more comfortable. For IWB carry, there is not much difference between the two, in my experience, so I would pick the SR9c.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I carry mine everywhere nobody has said anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
SR9c is my favorite, not to big and not to small. i use a Kholster Holster and no problems with it printing that i know of..nobody said anything, im sure if i bend over it will print. I dont think people notice unless its one of us looking for it... i do that all the time and i find a few.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I carry my SR9c all the time and am a thin guy. Conceals pretty easily. Trigger on SR9c is immesurably better than that on the LC9.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have found the SR40c or 9c carries well in a Mitch Rosin OWB holster except when it gets warm enough to where i only wear a tee shirt, then the LC9 is a lot easier to carry and there is rare occasions when only the LCP will work well. The Sr9c is more pleasant to shoot at the range and is definitely a higher quality firearm and more suitable for self defense. I would not want to be without either, but for most people the SR9c would be the better choice for most of the year, except maybe for someone in a area that is really warm weather most of the year. I have found them both to be completely reliable with any type of ammo.
Ditto.

But there are times that call for something a bit smaller and lighter. That
s when the little LC9 comes into it's own!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
SR9c concealed well for me w/ proper clothing. I wouldn't call it a summer carry option but, that is just me based on the clothing I choose to wear. Summer carry = LCP

1 - 20 of 32 Posts