Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a No 5 Enfield that I believe is the thing I've owned the longest. I bought it the summer of 1966. But I also have some knives and tools that I bought in the early 70's.

Although I've only owned it five years I also have a 1970 F250 Camper Special.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Oldest thing I own is the P38 can opener the Army issued me in 1976, and both of my dogtags. One of those is on my everyday keyring. My tag says, "christian". I had a short argument with a Captain to get that, he was insistent that I had to pick a denomination.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
As far as guns go; I have a 10 gauge double that my grandfather gave me in 1968. And I've been shooting 1100s for bird hunting that are circa 1983, 1986, and 1990. And my Colt Python which I've owned since 1985+-.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I own many items that my mother gave me when my dad passed away and in them are the oldest things I own but I will assume that you mean things I got myself and three things jump to mind. I still have my Crossman 760 “Giant Killer” BB gun that I got as a gift in 1967, a Schwinn Continental 27” 10 speed from 1969 and an AMF SwimMaster MR-12 diving regulator that I purchased in 1970 and I just remembered my principle dive knife was purchased with that as well. All are still in use and functioning well! I still have my first baseball glove but it is as run down and ragged as it’s owner!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Still have my Dick Tracy cap gun my Dad bought for me at a TG&Y store in 1965. Sure love the smell of those paper caps!

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I tend to take care of and keep things.
I have my childhood pocket knife that my grandmother gave me when I was in grammar school. Back then all the boys carried a small knife to school and teachers did not pay any attention to it.

I also have a Zenith AM transistor radio my parents gave me for Christmas in 1958. It still plays.

I even have and still carry a nylon pocket comb I got when I was about 12... which means it's 52 years old and counting...

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
I got my deer rifle (FN Mauser action) in '61 and my . . . RUGER Blackhawk . . in '62. :)

You know, back when you could buy guns while still in High School. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
I have a No 5 Enfield that I believe is the thing I've owned the longest. I bought it the summer of 1966. But I also have some knives and tools that I bought in the early 70's.

Although I've only owned it five years I also have a 1970 F250 Camper Special.
Does my wife count? No, wait....she owns me.:D

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Guns? I brought my Tokarev 7.62x25mm home with me from RVN in 1962.
I have an Army Green uniform hanging in a 'cleaners-zip bag with my Spec-5 stripes still on it. It is a 37 Tall, with 32 inch waist pants. I won't shame myself to say that it doesn't fit me now....but don't even ask me to go "Double or Nothing" with that outfit ! Got it in Feb. of 1960.

Most of my 'saved' stuff got tossed when I left after my divorce in 1986. I lost a lot of childhood photos etc. Not entirely my Ex's fault...I was pretty messed up at the time.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
I have owned my teeth for fifty six years..... :D

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
I have my Fathers Mossberg 20 ga. bolt action he bought in the fifties when he was in high school.. I havee fond memories of pheasant hunting with him in Nebraska as a boy. All my hand tools are Snap-on bought in 1979. I like to keep the things I like. I now own a Mk II (bought in 1984), a 10/22 (replacement for the one I bought in 1985), a Glenfield model 30 (bought this hear, 1967 ser. #, in GOOD shape), and an LC9 my wife owned, but gave up because of recoil issues. Oh, still have my strange personality I was born with... :D

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I still have my first real gun. Bought it brand new in 1970 for $125 and still take to the range now and then too...it's a;

Dakota .45 S/A revolver, made in Hammerill,Switzerland, imported by Intercontinental Arms in Culver City, Calif.

It's blued, 5 1/2" barrel, wood grips and brass backstrap and trigger strap.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I even have and still carry a nylon pocket comb I got when I was about 12... which means it's 52 years old and counting...
If you still have need to carry a comb after 64 years, you're doing okay..........:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.