Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

How many guns are allowed for one person in your country ?

I mean is there a limitation, no limitation, depends on the weapon model, full auto allowed, burst, semi only ?

USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan, Mexico, ...

Just to have an idea :confused:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
USA... Virginia... no limitation i am aware of - other that what your wife or bank account will allow. provided you have one, the other, or both.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Money is the only limiting factor.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
In the USA we have Federal restrictions on Full Auto, Suppressors, Short Barreled Rifles, and Short Barreled Shotguns. You must register these items, pass an extensive background check, and pay a tax. Some states do not allow these items under any circumstance, and that trumps Federal law.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
As weblance mentioned, you have to have to meet the Federal requirements for certain items, but once you do you are only limited by what you can afford and what you can buy without your wife finding out!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Here in the U.S. we buy as many as we want but when people ask we'll respond, "what guns?"

Not my closet but what I am hoping my closet will someday look like.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Wow RevolverGuy... I need a cigarette after looking at that pic.....:)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
^----- no doubt.

was it good for you too?

that P/PS 90 pushed me over the edge.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Canada here... we have no limit on number we can own but there are restrictions placed on type, barrel length, magazine capacity etc. Laws are convoluted to say the least and are destined to get more so.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Here in California there is no limit on total number of guns owned, just bore diameter (<.50) and magazine capacity (10 ) and the number of new handguns you purchase each month.

If he is married Id like to see his wife's shoe or purse closet. LoL

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Well, the only limiting regulation I can think of here is if you are buying pistols, and you do not have a concealed carry pemit, you can only buy as many as the amount of written permits you have signed by the local head LEO, usually 2 or 3. If you have a ccw permit you can purchase as many as you like. I have heard that if you buy an unusually large amount, that you may have the guys in black looking you over, but I have no proof of that since I have never bought several at one time. But other than that, its what you can afford, what you can dream of, or how much you can hide from your wife.:D

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
At one time I owned 55 handguns 12 rifles and 10 shotguns. New Jersey my state requires registration but there is no limit. Now with 3 daughters having gotten married many less.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts