Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My EDC consist of a Buck 722 Spitfire folder clipped to the right pocket and a CRKT Minimalist deop point fixed blade in the left.

Registered
Leatherman Sidekick clipped in pocket. Allows access to knife blade w/o opening tool. Small enough to forget you have it, yet big enough to do what I need. Rides deep in pocket.

Super Moderator
I have 3 Benchmade knives that I carry. One of them is always either in or clipped to my left front pocket. One is my daily farm/utility knife. It lives a hard life but it's holding up extremely well. I have another one just like it (except for color) that I carry when I'm in the field fishing/hunting/hiking. It lives a gentler existence than it's twin brother. The third is a smaller version of the first two and I call it my town knife. I carry that when I'm dressed more casually. They're technically EDC but they're really just pocketknives. I suppose the two big ones could serve as weapons but that's not why I carry them.

Reactions: Artwigginsjr

Cat Herder
Kershaw Skyline for normal day to day carry. If I'm mowing, in the garden, or working in the garage it's replaced with a box cutter that has a clip for belt loops.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I have 3 Benchmade knives that I carry. One of them is always either in or clipped to my left front pocket. One is my daily farm/utility knife. It lives a hard life but it's holding up extremely well. I have another one just like it (except for color) that I carry when I'm in the field fishing/hunting/hiking. It lives a gentler existence than it's twin brother. The third is a smaller version of the first two and I call it my town knife. I carry that when I'm dressed more casually. They're technically EDC but they're really just pocketknives. I suppose the two big ones could serve as weapons but that's not why I carry them.
I like how you think buddy!! Thanks for your input.

Registered
Hirschj盲ger
Come to think of it, I carry a few.

Always carry:
Leatherman Micra and Swiss+Tech mini multi-tool
Gerber Multi Tool

Could be one or the other in addition to the above:
Kershaw Misdirect or Kershaw Chive (one or the other)

Aqualung

Reactions: Artwigginsjr

Registered
For a pocket clip "tacticool" knife, which I basically use for utility, is an inexpensive Ganzo Firebird. I have several of them and they hold an edge and sharpen well.

The never leave home without it knife is a Case Medium Stockman in whichever finish I want that day.

Registered
Right now it's a Case Teardrop, 2 blade, might be a Case Canoe or a Case small Trapper. Also have a very small plastic Bear lock back I some times carry.

Dog Soldier
Case trapper in a leather scabbard from Big Bend Saddlery

Exchequer
I typically head out the door with a Spyderco clipped into a front pocket. It is a good utilitarian knife and quality made.

Oddly enough, as I've been cleaning out the garage (in year 5 now of this project), I came across my old knife collection. I'd thought about keeping a few to add to my carry options, but there's just too many to keep around. Been selling them off but don't know if I can part with my Case Bicentennial Bowie or my old Boy Scout sheath knife. And there's a beautiful, never used Schrade folder that my mom gave to me for Christmas '84 that I just can't get rid of.

Registered
Hirschj盲ger
I typically head out the door with a Spyderco clipped into a front pocket. It is a good utilitarian knife and quality made.

Oddly enough, as I've been cleaning out the garage (in year 5 now of this project), I came across my old knife collection. I'd thought about keeping a few to add to my carry options, but there's just too many to keep around. Been selling them off but don't know if I can part with my Case Bicentennial Bowie or my old Boy Scout sheath knife. And there's a beautiful, never used Schrade folder that my mom gave to me for Christmas '84 that I just can't get rid of.
Like guns, some knives have sentimental value.

I my first hunting knife is an Old Timer locking blade. It's still in my "deer-down" pouch (a little bag I carry that has all my tracking and field-dressing stuff in it), but doesn't get used much. My first fixed-blade hunting knife was actually a Christmas gift from my sister when I was a kid, an Old-Timer Sharpfinger.

The Sharpfinger got semi-retired when my mother's father gave me his hunting knife, a Kinfolks fixed-blade. I replaced the sheath with one for a Buck knife.

Here's "Pappy's Knife" with my 11-87 slug gun:

I don't know if he used this knife on rabbits (he was a big rabbit hunter), but Pappy hunted with that knife for many years, he never got a deer. I've used it to field dress and butcher quite a few, though.

Aqualung

Premium Member
A Swiss Army with every tool I need to keep things running and Gerber Auto.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts