Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must have thirty or forty not counting bayonets. Some are WWII fighting knives and some are more modern. I have a few that I've owned for more than forty years.

From left to right: WWII U.S. Camillus has three notches carved on it, Vietnam era NY Camillus, Garcia Survival bought new in 1970, KA-BAR bought recently.

·
Super Moderator
21,250 Posts
Without counting I would guess 20-25 but there are only a half dozen I use regularly.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have 12, but I use only about 2. The others are still in their boxes pretty much. My favorite is the Kershaw Barrages (confusion with the Benchmade Barrage turned the name into the Salvo, of which under 500 were made), I like them so much I bought three. Unparalleled strength with a very beefy frame lock, good steel, thin design, and good carry qualities are why this beats even the SOG Aegis and CRKT Scarab and M14 as my go to knives. I can't really comment on my favorite fixed blade, I rarely use them unless I'm out camping. I use the 4 1/4" CR13MOV steel "Redhead" for most camp things, but I also sometimes use the larger Glock 81. Both have totally different uses, but I really like the strength, size, and wieght of the G81, I've got two of those also.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are a few of my favorite pocket knives. I carried the Camillus 1969 in nam and carry either the Kabar 1005 or Craftsman today. All the Kabars are lower case. I believe in the mid-70's they went to upper case.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I for sure want a Hartman/Garcia like yours. I have one that now has a stag grip and great brass guard but kind of wish it was original again

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
I've got about 20 or so, looking to add a 12" Bowie made from stainless Damascus if I can find one. Probably need to contact a custom maker for that.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
About 15, but I usse 3-5 folders regularly swiss army knife and benchmade mostly. I now sell cars so I have swiss army knife or a leatherman all the time. Good to take off license plates etc.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have various knives from small to large, cheap to expensive, old to brand new. Counting folders and fixed I am around 150. Not really sure which are my favorites. I guess it depends on what I am doing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have about 30. I use around 7-8.

I EDC:

Spyderco dragonfly
Spyderco delica
Spyderco rescue 79mm
Spyderco endura
Spyderco mini dyad
Spyderco harpy
Leatherman 154cm skelitool