Ruger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Certainly I have enough to give a "reporter" (who doesn't know better) the incentive to toss out the word "arsenal"....

(I honestly have no idea, but it is an assortment of:

.... more than a couple of calibers....

Prolly forgot somethin'..... Don't tell the "reporters"!)

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Hold on a second...once we purchase the gun, then we have to buy ammo too?

Dang it...no wonder that 'clicking' sound wasn't having any effect! :D

·
Dog Soldier
1,782 Posts
I've got enough to keep the hordes off as long as my wife keeps loading my rifles.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I don't get this. Some people are so paranoid that they even black out the serial numbers on a gun picture they post. But a lot of people are happy to boast about how much ammo they have stocked up.

Thieves should be happy to read about that.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The Coast Guard Lt. that was just arrested for plotting assassinations, was reported to have several guns and over 1,000 rounds of ammo. I laughed at the amounts but was amazed at the presses reaction.
Did you also notice they had also tracked all his credit card purchases?

:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

·
One Star
9,635 Posts
I haven't counted them.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,757 Posts
Update to my earlier post: I love reloading, and slowly but surely, my round-count creeps up. I usually only shoot 100 rounds, sometimes 150 at the range.

My trick is to round up 50 more rounds when I reload. Now I've got a good stash and can go to the range anytime I wish. I doesn't take that much more time to load 50 more.

Grand total? 2000 + in all calibers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
to quote my father "if you are measuring ammo inventory by number of rounds instead of how many pounds you need to go shopping"

·
Registered
453 Posts
Before my uncle passed away we hunted rabbits together. I would ask him "how many bullets did you bring"? He always gave me the same answer, "just 1 bullet because I can only eat 1 rabbit". I miss my uncle and haven't shot many rabbits since.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Enough to keep a 5-shot .38 loaded...and that's about it!

121 - 140 of 167 Posts