Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my local gun shop and they said they had a MecGar mag for the Ruger P85, but that it wouldn't fit the P95. I was under the impression that MecGar only made one mag for the Ruger 9mms, and that it would fit all of them. Can someone who knows a little more than me on this subject enlighten me a bit? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
I'm sure not an expert on the subject. It seems like I read somewhere though, that the early model P85's used a magazine that was different from the rest. I think it had something to do with where the notch for the magazine catch was located. I do know that P89, P93, P94 and P95 mags are all the same. Hopefully, one of these guys who really knows Ruger P-series pistols will chime in. Tom

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's more curiosity than anything else; they said they'd order a P95 mag for me and have it in by Tuesday. I just thought that MecGar made only one model of Ruger 9mm mag per capacity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only issue with Ruger 9mm mags is:
IF you have an early P85 or P89 with serial number 304-69999 & below,
they use a different Ruger factory mag, because those guns have a different mag catch design than later models. Most, if not all, aftermarket mags should work in those guns. Mec-gar mags will work in ALL Ruger 9mms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts