Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe how many campaign mailings that I've received this year. Today's count was 11 and right in the trash they went. Does anyone read these things?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
not me. i already know who i'm voting for, and these things don't change my views at all. my own independent research might, but not bulk flyers,no, never. waste of paper. tremendous waste of paper!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Over here when you turn up to vote there are all these folk outside handing out all their party"s "how to vote cards".
I just walk straight by them, some of the looks they give you, like I don't already know who I'm going to vote for..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
It's all part of the insanity of elections. This year, politicians have spent billions on campaign ads, mailings and phone calls to convince the tiny percentage of voters who haven't decided to vote for them. Meanwhile, the vast majority of voters who have decided, long ago who will get their vote, have to endure this stupidity.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Being the contrary person I sometimes am, I would say the one with five signs. :)
I voted straight party line this time. I don't know if I've ever done that before. Most of the time I vote person and not party. I still may have this time and just not found anyone I liked in a certain party.

I didn't vote on some of the issues. If I couldn't figure out if "yes" was for in twenty minutes I just went on to the next issue. They wrote them so stupid it was difficult to figure out.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I can't believe how many campaign mailings that I've received this year. Today's count was 11 and right in the trash they went. Does anyone read these things?
:rolleyes:
How wasteful, one would think that you could at least fill them with 9mm or .45 dia holes first.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I didn't vote on some of the issues. If I couldn't figure out if "yes" was for in twenty minutes I just went on to the next issue. They wrote them so stupid it was difficult to figure out.
I went online and figured out how I wanted to vote on all the issues and judges, it took a little digging on some to understand the ramifications, but I figure that I owe it to my kids and grandkids to not leave them in a worse country than what I brought them into. At least now it will not be all my fault.
Also, I made a cheat sheet for both the wife and me to take along to the polling both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts