Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a local gun store Saturday and two fellows were each buying a brick of plain Federal .22 L.R. I noticed that they were paying by credit card and when I thought when I heard the price I had to go look on the shelf for myself. $49.95 for a brick of Federal .22s and someone was buying them. This panic buying stuff has to end! I had paid $15.95 to $18.95 for the same box of .22s about a month ago depending where I bought it.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I doubt Federal raised their wholesale prices by much. That's the LGS ripping off the public "just because they can".
Over the years when certain things have been in short supply (new cars, Harleys, electronics, or guns) I take note of the rip-off mechants.
When supply eventually catches up with demand those are the places to avoid.
And over the years those are the places that went out of business.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would have to say a major rip off. I usually spend about 4 to 5 cents a round based on the box size that I am purchasing.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Paying $50 for that tends to support the left-wing contention that shooters are mentally unbalanced.

I have 15 bulk packs of CCI-Blazer that I'd be willing to sell them for $50 each. Bought them last spring for $15 each.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Stopped by Walmart today , they had one box (brick 375) and that's it, CCI, AR15 type, 40 grain solid, 25 bucks, I grabbed them, never used these before, I'll check them out on Weds.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The most I'd pay for a brick of Federal bulk .22lr is $23 + tax. My LGS has them on the shelf. Normally I'd head out to Wally World for .22lr, but I haven't seen any .22lr, .223, 9mm, .45ACP, .40 S&W there for the past month.

Stopped by Walmart today , they had one box (brick 375) and that's it, CCI, AR15 type, 40 grain solid, 25 bucks, I grabbed them, never used these before, I'll check them out on Weds.
Those are great rounds. My Wally World never stocked them.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I saw a local pawn shop asking $59.99 for a brick of federal 22LR last week. :eek:

People were paying that price. :eek: :eek:

I was not one of them.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I bet that when all the panic buying settles down it'll be $25 to $35 a box instead of $15to $18 a box.

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is funny i just got 500 rem. for 21 bucks and 555 win for 24 prices havnt rison by me at all the only ammunition in short supply by me is cci everything else is plentiful u gotta go to small hole in the wall gun shops that only locals go to not walmart cabelas bass pro dicks or gander its gotta be small shops not even hardware/gun shops even smaller hole in the wall type places

·
Registered
422 Posts
I saw a 1500 round case of CCI mini mags on Slickguns going for $275. I bought my case of 1600 at walmart for $105. HAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hard to find here but I have not seen any prices jacked up that bad although .22 mags have risen by $3 for a box of 50.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
OK, I've got to ask. How many rounds are in a brick?

·
Registered
587 Posts
500 in a brick. seen them going for $90 in my area....yikes! .....not for me.....

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Yeah, that compares to prices I've seen lately. I've got a little over 1,000 rounds of .22 and I'm pretty sure the prices will drop back down once some of this gun control madness is over.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
LGS is staying sane on ammo. Three different Winchester bulk boxes (500rd), 22,25 and 29 plus tax. Great people to do business with.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts