Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not necessarily everyone's age; some other posts mentioned folks who were relatively old before they had ever shot a firearm. Could anyone like that elaborate as to why it took so long? I'm not bashing by any means, there are infinite reasons someone may not have been able to.

It's just hard for me to understand, seeing as I don't remember the first round I ever shot since I was so young. I do remember being so little that to rack my dad's self-loading .22 I had to stand the (guns) butt on the ground and pull downwards to work the bolt.

Anyways, glad to have more shooters, that's for sure.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was 62 years old when I purchased a handgun for self defense and concealed carry.

This was precipitated by an attempted break-in at my home which was followed by a successful break-in at my home a few weeks later.

I vowed to never be that helpless and scared again, so I made the purchase, took classes, took instruction, learned to shoot, continue to practice, practice, practice and have applied for my concealed carry permit. This has been an empowering journey.

Viking Queen

Fascinating. Before those incidents, did you have any opinion about firearms, or had they never been an issue to you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.