Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me step by step how to disassemble, reassemble and get to that part so as to clean it?
What cleaners, lube do you use for your ruger sr9c?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would just like to add that before you put it back together, make sure to dry the channel thoroughly or you will have misfires.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Mine did. It worked much better since I cleaned it per the Ruger Tech Tip video. Light oil is all you need in there.
You don't need any oil in the striker channel.

The striker moves about a quarter inch, is fairly loose fitting and has very, very little side pressure.

I've had an SR9c since 8/2010. Have put more than 7300 rounds thru it. Only issue I've ever had with it was a dirty striker channel from the factory paired with a couple of know nfactory seconds rounds.

I clean it now about 1000 round intervals. It gets dirty from powder and cleaning fluid does get in the firing pin hole, etc.

I haven't used any oil on the striker assemble and it shows no significant wear of any sort.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The striker on my first SR9 was having a lot of light strikes in its first range session, so I blew the channel out with a couple of squirts from a can of bore cleaner. No problems since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The striker cover was changed several years ago.

This video shows how to remove the newer style of striker plate.

youtube.com/watch?v=xhdKMmfbXVk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not often

Do you have to do this every time you clean the gun, in order for the gun not to have light strikes?
Not often, I've cleaned the channel probably twice in 5 years. The first time made a big difference the next time, not so much. It wasn't as dirty.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't forget to remove the magazine disconnect while you have it apart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts