Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago my dad gave me a MkII with the 6-7/8" slab side barrel and I put a red dot sight on it. The other day I picked up a MkIII Hunter with the 6-7/8" fluted barrel on it.

So I'm trying to figure out what to get to complete the set. Either the MkI with the 6-7/8" medium taper barrel so the barrel lengths match, or with the 5/5" bull barrel so the barrel profiles kinda match.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Only issue with a MKI to complete the set is stainless is pretty dang rare and I believe they were only on Standard models and not actual MK's.

Having said that, seeing as both of your other MK's are 6 7/8" barrels with different profiles my vote would be to go with the MKI 678 heavy tapered barrel.

Find one that the bluing is worn to heck on then polish it up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, what I end up with won't be a true set because of what was available in either blue or stainless. And sometimes you can think things through in your head until it wants to explode. But hearing opinions sometimes brings something to your attention to make you go "oh yea."

·
Registered
711 Posts
Mk I T678

saw your quest and see you're in Ohio, my dealer friend has a mint, in the box MK I T678 and has all the papers, etc and is marked "Made in the 200th year Of American Liberty"

send me an e-mail and I can get you some pictures,for some reason photobucket will NOT upload them lately..............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts