Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I live in the good ol' Ca and am very interested in protecting myself and family while athome in the car or walking around the local wally world so what steps do i need to take I have heard that you have to have a viable reason to carry iE: bodygaurd security ect> if anyone has any insight in this matter help would be well helpful thanks in advance Brandon

·
Registered
758 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, in CA it is totally up to the discretion of the county sheriff. That's the good news; the bad news, however, is that there are only a couple of counties in CA that have sheriffs that will allow a permit to be issued. For all the straight skinny, google packing.org and check all the rules, laws, and probabilities there for CA.

On the bright side, I just happen to know that if you carry a concealed weapon in CA for the purpose of defending yourself against gangs, and are caught, it is only a misdemeanor. I came across this little tidbit of information because I spend a couple of months a year in CA and I carry while there. I'll risk a misdemeanor in order to carry any day.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I could be wrong, and the LEOs will correct me if I am, but I think most places treat carrying a concealed weapon as a felony. The mere fact that is is treated pretty much like a glorified speeding ticket is significant.

Anyway, I carry while I'm there.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
California is one of the hardest states there is to get a permit, and if ya were to get one. I think they would be more interested in trying to hang you out to dry rather than hang the BG.
My best advice to you is to try and move to a much more gun friendly state. I don't mean to slam where you live or do for a living but I do slam that states way of dealing wwith the citizen wanting to protect himself and property.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would move in a heartbeat the only good part about Cali is the beaches and now there overran by tourists im over the 104 degree heat in the middle of spring....oh yeah and the govanata

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Brandon,
I had to live there when I was very young and it wasn't too bad in the 50's and 60's lets say early 60's but for me the best part of California was the state line in the rear view mirror. JMHO

·
Registered
693 Posts
Snuffy, I really enjoyed that time when my company sent me to San Diego for a week or so. It's a lovely place, may be not to stay forever, just to pay a visit. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.