Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm pretty new when it comes to upgrading and tinkering with firearms. One of my biggest complaints with the Ruger PC Carbine is not the pull weight of the trigger, which i actually think is plenty light enough, but rather the reset. I have found myself on multiple occasions at the range thinking I've had a malfunction while firing because i'll go to pull the trigger and nothing will happen, only to realize i did not let the trigger out far enough for it to reset. I would love to find a way to shorten that reset. Is that something that can be done with a spring replacement? or is it something else? thank you.

Jordan

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,431 Posts
jburks, Anything is possible if you throw enough $$$ at it. There's always a reason why guns work the way they do. Ruger's design requires a notable trigger reset, probably to prevent the gun from accidentally going full auto …. so, there's no simple fix. The PC Carbine's fire control system would have to be redesigned and who knows what the result would be. Maybe you need to do more shooting with your Carbine. In time you will get used to the long trigger reset and won't even think twice about it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It took me a few hundred rounds or more to get used to the PCC9 reset, as well as a few accidental double fires getting the feel down. I haven’t had a single issue in the last 3-400 rounds so I’m staying stock and enjoying the stock design.

Are you using the MCARBO trigger and has that improved anything?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean I've put almost 1500 rounds through the gun so I don't think it's so much a lack of shooting and more of it just sucks compared to other weapons I own. I've only had the issue happen a couple times so it is what it is i guess. I'm pretty used to shooting AR's and Glocks with a much shorter trigger reset so the Ruger just doesn't feel as good comparatively.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wonder what the trigger reset, extractor, and ejector look/feel like on the New Chassis PCC?
Perhaps checking one out at the LGS to find one will shed some light on what Ruger has done in those components?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I mean I've put almost 1500 rounds through the gun so I don't think it's so much a lack of shooting and more of it just sucks compared to other weapons I own. I've only had the issue happen a couple times so it is what it is i guess. I'm pretty used to shooting AR's and Glocks with a much shorter trigger reset so the Ruger just doesn't feel as good comparatively.
Maybe a polish job and one of the new trigger and spring sets will do the trick?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe a polish job and one of the new trigger and spring sets will do the trick?
I thought of that but when i contacted MCarbo they told me the trigger spring kit only lightens the pull. it does not shorten the reset.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts