Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Safety first, teach her the how too, along with the what not to do. Then a small caliber like a 22lr. You do not toss her a big cannon first. Helps, if you know another female shooter, to help. Be kind and encouraging.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Get one from Mississippi :) Ha, just kiddin. I'd say start with a .22lr, or lightweight small caliber, in a safe evironment, and shoot something easy and cool to hit. Paper targets just aren't sexy enough. Old fruit and vegetables, cheap sodas, maybe some explosive targets. My wife loves to blow stuff up... but I've never claimed her as completely normal. ha ha. Good luck. Oh, and definitely don't be bossy or act like she should already know stuff, or treat her like she knows nothing.. Yikes, fine lines!

·
Registered
398 Posts
My suggestion was going to be to trade her off, but that was already pointed out. Just a matter of priorities, decision time!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Safety first, teach her the how too, along with the what not to do. Then a small caliber like a 22lr. You do not toss her a big cannon first. Helps, if you know another female shooter, to help. Be kind and encouraging.
This!!!!!!^^^^^^

My wife has been very good about helping ladies at the range that are unsure about things as their hubbies/boyfriends try to 'Show" them how to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts