Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Ruger LC9 owner here. Not new to shooting, forums, etc (and I sure ain't new age wise) but this is my first Ruger. Not that I have (or had) anything against Ruger, just never made it into my safe before.. have owned Walthers (P-38, P22), Taurus (605ss 357 wheel gun), Glock 23 gen 1, SA XD9sc, Firestorm 22, Bersa Thunder 380 (actually my wife's pistol) and STI Guardian in 45ACP. The Bersa and the STI were the only two the LC9 joined.

I am retired USAF Msgt (24 years) and retired US Fed Court Employee (22.5 years).. now I am just retired and living in the TX Hill Country not far from Kerrville, TX.

Haven't shot the LC9 yet, gonna make the range hopefully next week. Was hunting for a smaller EDC than my 3lb 1911 and was waffling between the M&P Shield, SA XDs, Bersa BP9cc and the LC9.. none of the others could be found even just to hold in my hand.. I found the LC9/w laser at a local hardware store, got my hands on it (they also had a XDs so I had the chance to compare) and decided to go with a smaller pistol and caliber for concealment.. all the reviews were good on the LC9 and Ruger's rep for customer service is good.. so when I showed up today at the hardware store, the XDs was sold and I wasn't dissapointed. Drove home with the LC9, 270 rnds of 9mm for less than I would have paid for the XDs ('course I had plenty of 45acp ammo). I feel the choice of the LC9 will give me more options for concealed carry and save me on ammo cost.

So enough of the long winded intro.. ya'll have fun now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill!! Enjoy! And Thank you for your multiple service to this great country!!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hi Bill - welcome from SW Florida. My mother was from Blanco, TX and always referred to it as God's Country.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan down the road in H-town...Thank you for your service...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill - from West Virginia

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina and thanks for your service. My son is a Master Sargeant stationed at Pope AFB. Looking forward to seeing some pics...

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Bill ... Welcome from SW Ohio, thanks for your service & congrats on your new LC9 ... Glad to have you aboard!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.