Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for awhile as I've been thinking of buying a SP101.

I've owned Ruger single action revolvers off and on for years. I still own a Ruger Blackhawk 44, 3 screw flat top, 6 1/2 barrel, fluted cylinder that I bought in 1969 (IIRC). I shot my first deer with this hangun around 1970-71 with a handload using the 240 gr Hornady. I also shot a lot of coyotes, badgers and wild dogs on my ranch with that gun. I don't shoot the 44 any more as I no longer hunt.

For the last few years, I've been shooting semi-autos: XD40SC, a couple of Springfield 1911s and a M&P 9mm. I've sold all of my long guns and all of the sudden realized I probably need a double action revolver.

WyoBob

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome, I may be up in your state in a couple-three years plan to go to Montana for a visit but first I haveta save a lotta greenbacks.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Welcome from Kansas. Of course you need a Ruger double action revolver! Everyone needs at least one...or two...or....:D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
WyoBob,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome WyoBob. The SP is a great carry gun and easy to pack. If you need something for the ranch, you might consider the short barrel GP series. Adj sights and an extra cartridge. Hope to hear from you often.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Down here in Alabama we think Wyoming is one of the prettiest places on Earth. Glad you joined us!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy the forum, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have been away from the forum for a couple of weeks for a wedding and vacation. So a belated welcome from Shawnee, Oklahoma via upstate New York (Poland, NY). I think you would like the SP101. I have one for concealed carry and my soon who is a Smith guy carried it for a week recently and is almost converted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.