Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered, I live in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada, 70 miles south east of Mile 0 on the Alaska Hwy. My current Ruger's include a Stainless/Laminate Stock 10/22T .22rf, A Stainless/Black Laminate Stock M77MKII Compact .260 Rem Caliber, & two Ruger Pistols, a Stainless MKIII with 5 1/2" Bull Barrel & a Stainless/Composite KP345 .45 Auto.
I am into Hunting, Shooting, Reloading & Jeep'n (I have an old CJ-7 that I have built up for offroad use).
--Ken

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Well howdy Pilgrim a big Cajun how de do from South Louisiana U.S. of A. Down here we talk "Ruger"Cajun as well as regular Cajun. Hope to hear some wild almost unbelievable Canuk hunting stories from you in the near future. And I might, just might spin a couple o yarns 'bout alligators and crawfish for you. Happy hunting and Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by cyrille

...Hope to hear some wild almost unbelievable Canuk hunting stories from you in the near future. And I might, just might spin a couple o yarns 'bout alligators and crawfish for you. Happy hunting and Welcome to the forum.
Howdy, not much of a story teller, but I will say I only fired two shots while hunting last fall, both shots were fired the same day, November 1/06 the first dropped my Moose about 9am & the second dropped my Whitetail about 5pm. Just so happened that I was packing my Marlin .444 last fall. This fall I will pack the Ruger M77 MKII .260 Rem at least for the Whitetail & Muley Bucks, but am not afraid to harvest my Elk with it as well. I had a .260 Rem barrel for a T/C Encore in the past & used it to harvest Moose, Elk Black Bear & Deer.
--Ken

·
Registered
68 Posts
The .260 Remington (and the .280 Remington) is a vastly underrated cartridge. Nice choice!

Welcome. You're among friends.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Another welcome, glad you found us...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Welcome aboard from The Bluegrass State, glad you could join us. :) Alberta has some beautiful parts, I really enjoyed some time I spent there in Banff & Jasper -- and in Edmonton too. :D The Canadian Rockies were my favorite though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where I live is about a three hour drive north of Jasper. Thankyou all for the warm welcome.
--Ken

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
VerySavage,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Always have heard Canada is a beautiful place.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.