Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Squirrel Sniper 1st class
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
took out the p94 and the Springfield 1911, this is the second target i shot today, but man do they shoot nicely....

is there anything you guys can think of to group the p94 tighter....?

the sights are stock on the 1911 (dark grey ramp) and you can't see the front sight in the range so i was a little low....

the only mods i have done to the p94 are polish the ramp, and a little polishing of the barrel for smoother bullet/case entry

the p94 -special edition

here is the 1911 i was shooting with...

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't want you shooting at me.
LOL, that's what my buddy says..... "i might be able to beat your ass, but there's no way I'd dodge your bullets...."

thanks for the compliment, both of these are my choices for carry weapons and i am in the process building a "match grade" 1911 but i would love it to get the ruger to group tighter....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
How to tighten groups?? Practice, practice, practice.

You've got two very different trigger setups there. A SA 1911 and a DA/SA Ruger.

One of my earlier 15 yd. targets with my P90 (some shots on that one were at 7, some at 10, some at 15:

Now my groups are more like this at 15 yds. (this is with my pet reload too, not factory ammo):

Practice, practice, practice. Ammo, Ammo, Ammo..........

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fine job of shooting!
this is the first year (last 3 months) that i have actually been shooting since i was 17 ( other than squirreling in the back yard with the air rifle).

i am now 26.... can't wait to go to the range again on Sunday , I'm gonna test fire the interarms mark X .30-06 i bought when i was 17, got to get it bore sighted first though.... it is my baby, fajen thumbhole midnight laminated stock, fully bedded and glassed, Simmons 6-24x50mm, and a super light 2.1 lb trigger pull... should be interesting.

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Practice, practice, practice. Ammo, Ammo, Ammo..........
yeah the ammo is a determining factor, i havent stuck to one load yet, those were with fiocchi 165's and they are known for being loose and extremely dirty.

( i know and i still shoot em)....:eek:

i have been looking for a bulk reload of 1000rds for a good price, but havent scored a "good" deal yet....

and the practice as already started to pay off, here is the other target from 2 months ago. not bad, but not the way i want it.....( my shots are center mass the heads are my buddy)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Try the Fiocchi 145's. I shot those in the Sigma .40 I used to own. Only load I ever found that it liked. Win silvertips sucked out of it. So did WWB and several other common loads.

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try the Fiocchi 145's. I shot those in the Sigma .40 I used to own. Only load I ever found that it liked. Win silvertips sucked out of it. So did WWB and several other common loads.
i dont like the WWB's at all.... i'll look around for the 145's and give em a try

i also have a police model .40 sigma.... i have that on the back burner.... for now. the only mod it has is a lighter trigger pull spring

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
LOL, I have that same INOVA light you have there. :D.

The fact that the 145's generate something over 500fpe is not too shabby either. Never seen penetration tests with them, but still..........

If you really want cheap ammo and ammo that you can tailor to your weapon, then it's time to join the ranks of the reloading crowd.

I resisted it for a long time, but once I looked into it a bit I realized I could get setup to start for .45ACP for less than 200.00 and it doesn't take much space at all.

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, I have that same INOVA light you have there. :D.

The fact that the 145's generate something over 500fpe is not too shabby either. Never seen penetration tests with them, but still..........

If you really want cheap ammo and ammo that you can tailor to your weapon, then it's time to join the ranks of the reloading crowd.

I resisted it for a long time, but once I looked into it a bit I realized I could get setup to start for .45ACP for less than 200.00 and it doesn't take much space at all.
great ******** think alike.....:p

have a link to said equipment, i'd be loading .40 and .45.....?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great shooting folks! I've been going to the range every week or two and can't come near that at 15 yards. But I'm shooting a snubbie.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
have a link to said equipment, i'd be loading .40 and .45.....?
Go to Midway and look at the Lee kits. I went with the Deluxe Kit (I think that's what it's called) that comes with a 4 hole turret press and the powder measure plus some other parts. Runs right around 100-120.00. Saw them at the gunshow today for 109.00.

Add a set of dies for each caliber you want to shoot, a couple of good books on reloading and your powder, primers, and lead and you're ready to go.

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go to Midway and look at the Lee kits. I went with the Deluxe Kit (I think that's what it's called) that comes with a 4 hole turret press and the powder measure plus some other parts. Runs right around 100-120.00. Saw them at the gunshow today for 109.00.

Add a set of dies for each caliber you want to shoot, a couple of good books on reloading and your powder, primers, and lead and you're ready to go.
good to know, thanks for the heads up... i have a couple of speer loading books that my dad insisted on me reading... sounds like a great extension to the shooting hobby.

·
Registered
174 Posts
good shooting
+1 on the practice
I shoot as much as I have time and can afford and more importantly as often as my wife gives me a permission slip(that's what I call a trip to the range)

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good shooting
+1 on the practice
I shoot as much as I have time and can afford and more importantly as often as my wife gives me a permission slip(that's what I call a trip to the range)
i hear that, my wife knows my stress relief comes from taking out squirrels in the back yard, going to the range, and occasionally blowing stuff up.....LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts