Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't seen any SS new in the 400s heck I cant find a used one under 450. Im suppose send the check in the mail today, now I might renig.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thats a good ballpark price...There is not a lot of markup in new guns...Used in good condition for 75-100 bucks less...
Thats within dollars of what I gave for mine...a little over three years ago.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a good ballpark price...There is not a lot of markup in new guns...Used in good condition for 75-100 bucks less...
Thats within dollars of what I gave for mine...a little over three years ago.
thats what i thought, until I read the top two post:(

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I bought a blued steel new model almost two years ago for not much over $400 OTD and stainless was almost a $100 upgrade.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I paid $590 plus tax for my Davidson 5" SS - about a month ago. Catalog # KGP-151.

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
We paid $525 each for ours (a 4" & a 6", Stainless) about 9 months ago. Down in south Jersey. With tax & NICS, etc. like $585 OTD.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess the question becomes is the quality or lack of quality (of the new guns) plus the drive off the floor room depreciation of a new gun, worth roughly $100 more than a used one? I hope you guys will chime in here, cause Im really stressing about this decision. I would love to save $100 but a dealer just ordered a gun for me and I would have to back out of the deal.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If they ordered it I would follow through. I have a great relationship with my LGS. I would never back out of a deal if they had to order it. $550 is what I'm paying in WA. A year ago I was paying about $500. Two years ago it was about $470. Prices are going up fast. Just make sure it's a good specimen before you accept the gun and I would say it's worth it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If they ordered it I would follow through. I have a great relationship with my LGS. I would never back out of a deal if they had to order it. $550 is what I'm paying in WA. A year ago I was paying about $500. Two years ago it was about $470. Prices are going up fast. Just make sure it's a good specimen before you accept the gun and I would say it's worth it.
heres the weird part, he ordered it, with me only having asked if he could get one. He must not have been to concerned whether I was the one to buy it or not. Im having "partial" buyers remorse. Cause I don't know if its worth it to take the 100 dollar hit in depreciation. Plus I can't inspect the gun first. What to do? tell me rugerNet:eek:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I guess the question becomes is the quality or lack of quality (of the new guns) plus the drive off the floor room depreciation of a new gun, worth roughly $100 more than a used one? I hope you guys will chime in here, cause Im really stressing about this decision. I would love to save $100 but a dealer just ordered a gun for me and I would have to back out of the deal.
I haven't seen a decline in quality with the new GP100's that would warrant backing out of a deal. The one I bought three years ago needed a bit of TLC and I supose that hasn't changed.

I bought mine new. I cleaned and smoothed up the action by removing obvious burs, whisking out a few metal shavings etc. and dropped in a spring set. Out of personal preference I added a set of lett grips. Which was all easy stuff I could do myself.

Ruger stands behind their guns 100% and they have an excellent service department. If you buy new and there is a problem they'll fix it no charge under warranty. If you buy used and have issues they will fix it but it may cut into what you saved by buying used...a risk.

I would think the dealer would allow you to look the gun over before finalizing the transaction...most dealers are pretty good about those sorts of things, since they do want to see you again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks Seneca, I think Ill send the check even though I won't beable to see the gun (dealer in another state) If I happen to keep the gun for a long time. the hundred bucks won't be a big deal. The main thing is I'll have my first ruger revolver and can be part of Club RugerNet yeah bably!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I paid $525 for mine about 6 months ago. The price won't mean diddly in a few months. Buy it and enjoy it!
Yes, DO IT. After a short while I forget about the cost and just enjoy the gun. If it did come it with a problem, the LGS will not force you to take it.

One of the LGS's in my area will order an "in demand" Ruger and even say that I am not obligated to buy it - they know they can sell it - fast!!

I am going to plunk down $630 plus on a SR1911 that I wasn't expecting to come in so fast - but, gotta strike while the iron is hot!!

You won't be sorry - I love my GP100

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I paid $580 for my new 4" Stainless, about 6 weeks ago. The quality is still excellent and I see nothing that shows any concern about lowering the level that they were at in the 1980s. I am comparing this to my Super RedHawk I bought new in 1989. I dont like the look of the Hogue MonoGrip, even though its a great grip for controlling recoil, and is easily changed if need be. The GP100 is arguably the best large frame revolver made today. Be happy that you got a good price, take it to the range and shoot it, admire it, and dont look back.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts