Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the thread containing the various kill pics is closed but remains out there with anybody having access to a computer, two eyes, and 10 fingers to use on a key board to see.

Apparently, there are many people who have a hatred, and I mean hatred for those who hunt. These same individuals have access to various town hall meetings, petitions, own lands surrounding public lands, possess substantial wealth and influence, and are on a first name basis with various state, county, and borough/town administrators. Without naming these people a adequate specificity (easy to see) exists for a majority to understand the potential for banning hunting on certain lands.

An example of this it CECIL THE LION - gets more press than millions of aborted humans (ugly?). Animals #1, humans #2.

So don't show blood & guts photos or drape dead animals for all to see on trucks.
Gut that deer privately and cover up the gut pile with branches and stuff.

Be real nice and go about your business effectively.

Attached is a pic that sort of shows how certain influential residents (humans) regard hunting and hunters.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
If you don't want to see blood, don't go behind the counter at a butcher shop. This is a hunting forum, if anyone comes here and is against hunting, then we're stupid if we expect they're surprised to find hunting here...

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Even more ironic is that the OP's "location" is listed as "politically incorrect zone"... Are you worried about being politically correct, or not?

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Please read my first post again!

Did I say I "did not want to see blood" - in a past life I participated, when required, in various investigations where humans, some in various states of decomposition were subject to analysis as part of an investigative requirement; blood was a necessary part of the examination. I like hunting, especially in the mountain west. I am perceptive enough to appreciate why people visit this site which is about hunting because I and they like to hunt.

Sadly, certain individuals are intent in finding ammunition (pun intended) to promote an anti-hunting agenda would be able to use a particular thread containing photos of dead animals, to provide graphic details to promote an anti-hunting agenda. Imagine this, a group of anti's are trying to convince certain individuals to align with the anti-hunting cause - that particular photo thread, available to all both pro an anti would provide ammunition (pun).

I do worry about finding places to hunt because the anti's have demonstrated an increasing ability to promote their agenda as shown by the pic of the sign attached. Public lands, under the administration of the Bureau of Land Management have had hunting banned or severely restricted. I have no concerns about the anti's as far as their welfare goes.

Being a free American, first having been first endowed by God given rights, then those supplemented by those described by the U.S. Constitution I am free to live anywhere that I choose to. Thus, endowed with these rights I have chosen to live in a "politically incorrect zone". I am discouraged (interpreted as hostile) that this could be twisted around to infer that I am not happy to be living in a "politically incorrect zone"

Possibly, an ultra primitive weapon hunt season could be established were only spears (like hunting pigs in Hawaii) and other weapons of a similar nature could be used - this would strip away millennia's (1000's of years) of weapons development introducing serious cave man level risk to hunting. I could not use a .375 on a bear hunt.

Naturally, I welcome all responses to my comments but would interpret an invitation to visit a pharmacy as being asinine (stubborn mixed with stupid).

·
Registered
995 Posts
They will never be happy so why waste time worrying about them.
Agreed 100%. I'll be damned before I cower to these idiots that believe meat magically comes from the grocery store.

Reactions: Highhawk1948

·
Super Moderator
4,069 Posts
Responsible hunting for sustenance and sport is an integral part of our nation's history. It's a huge part of who we are. I really don't care what anti-hunters think. Sportsman, via license fees and tags, have done more for the preservation of game animals by orders of magnitude than ANY anti-hunting group ever did. I do not condone being disrespectful to taken game but the normal and ordinary sight of blood is perfectly acceptable.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
To avoid mistaken interpretation, I find it odd that your original post reads as if you're warning other users to only post politically correct photos to kowtow to intruding and unwelcomed anti-hunters, while you're so proud of choosing to live in a "politically incorrect zone". If you're proud of being politically incorrect, this thread does not read that way.

·
Banned
650 Posts
We know the truth about hunters. Hunters are the ultimate conservationists. All that anti hunters conserve is lawyers and poster board. When anti hunter start conserving wildlife habitat they will get a voice in congress and state legislatures.

We are going to post pictures of the deer we kill. We are going to post some graphic pictures so our friends can see how well the latest whiz bang cartridges work or don't work.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I don't think "politically correct" is the proper description for a Trophy (hero) photo. It is more like a respectful photo of your kill. Many shooting magazines will not accept a gory or disrespectful photo or picture of a mutilated animal .
I also understand that most "anti-hunters" are hypocritical as they buy ready killed meat which has by enlarge been killed in a less humane or caring manner. My point, as is Bassman's why give them any in at all. I print pictures (and would proudly post them if I could figure out how) of my kills but never of a squirrel or rabbit which I shot with my .220 Swift or .300 magnum.
A member was DD'd a while back for just such gory photos and attitude.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hunter here and this is tricky. Personally I don't need to see a photo of guts hanging out with the firearm used as was posted several times in the mentioned thread (as in, look what I did to this animal!). I don't however, mind seeing the same animal (dead) without the guts. I don't need to see a pool of blood, but I don't mind seeing a cleaned animal with blood on its fur, feathers or hide or even bloody hands holding the cleaned animal. I guess if I'm honest, blood doesn't bother me, but guts (non-vitals) are gross,

As stupid as I sound, I may begin to sound even more dumb...I like seeing what a (proper caliber) bullet does to an animal such as a whitetail. I find it interesting and informative to see the entrance/exit wound, the damage done to heart and lungs or the lack of damage to meat.

I hate anti-hunters. I find their position utterly ridiculous and naive. I am not sure exactly what the OP is requesting as a "draped" animal may be positioned as such to promote that persons trophy, but to me when there is a pile of guts and only a tuff of fur or feathers left it seems a bit callus.

As a disclaimer, I would enjoy the reaction of an anti-hunter being appalled at the sight of my double lung shot..I'm all over the place on this!!! I get it. Don't add fuel to the fire.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I consider myself to be a completely unapologetic predator. The anti hunters will always hate you no matter whether you post any pictures or not. I do not post many pictures of what I shoot because I consider stuff like that to be my business and shared mostly with friends with similar interests.

I don't do the social media stuff either because I am not one to hang my daily activity out there for the whole world to see. These days people give to much information to total strangers IMO.

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
The sign is from Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. Does anyone logically think hunting would be allowed there under any circumstances? Hunters had absolutely nothing to do with it. I do agree we should hunt in manner that respects the land owners wishes but I refuse to bow to the anti's.

As to the thread that was closed, it was because the OP was DD'ed for his comments in the thread. As I said at the time if someone wants to start a thread showing respectful pictures of their kill then feel free to do so.

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back again

Hunting on Martha's Vineyard? - folks do it all the time - in fact should you want to avail yourself of your rights there is a law on the books that dates back from colonial times that grants access to tidelines (below high water line) for fishing and fowling (not fouling).

Yes Martha's Vineyard is in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts a state having 100's of miles of coast line and state version of fish and feathers to regulate fishing and hunting.

As far as identifying folks that have access to various law makers I only need to access the on-line sites like the anti-hunting Humane Society (HSUS) and read the credentials of various board members and officials - sound like the inner workings of Congressional staffers, U.S. District Court law clerks, and EPA. Specifically, these people can easily access legislators and they do so all the time.

Finally, showing blood and guts photos for some gratuitous purpose is not "bowing to the anti's". Common sense would encourage getting the undecided on the side of legitimate ethical hunters - no blood and guts, no bloody tail gates. Make the taxidermist's job easier.

Political correctness??? Just writing the above puts me into the realm of abject political incorrectness for this forum.

So sorry for the long time in responding - I have been busy hunting and shooting and having fun doing so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny i always thought "blood and guts" as the OP puts it were part of hunting/butchery....havn't processed an animal yet without being exposed to a little "blood and guts".....i guess if you log onto the hunting section of a firearms forum maybe you might expect it....i believe people give the antis to much kudos at the end of the day man is the Apex predator and the top of the food chain....we need to eat,the libs and the antis are never going to change that whether that involves a trip to the woods or the supermarket.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Agreed 100%. I'll be damned before I cower to these idiots that believe meat magically comes from the grocery store.
...and "Leather" from Tandy. :rolleyes:

There are only two promises in this life "death" and "taxes".
Please accept the first and tolerate the second. ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hunter here and this is tricky. Personally I don't need to see a photo of guts hanging out with the firearm used as was posted several times in the mentioned thread (as in, look what I did to this animal!). I don't however, mind seeing the same animal (dead) without the guts. I don't need to see a pool of blood, but I don't mind seeing a cleaned animal with blood on its fur, feathers or hide or even bloody hands holding the cleaned animal. I guess if I'm honest, blood doesn't bother me, but guts (non-vitals) are gross.

Guess I'm kinda in the same boat. Not that Guts and gore bother me when it comes to hunting and butchering, it is just not something I really like to see. I don't need to see the intestines hanging out of the side of a squirrel to get my kicks, nor do I think that being repulsed at it makes me or anyone else less of a hunter. I help teach hunter safety. One of the things we talk about is hunter image and how it relates to our sport. While "whack 'em and Stack 'em" may not bother the majority of hunters, it does not show those animals much respect, nor does it give us a positive image to others that don't hunt or may be neutral to hunting. The negative image of a buck hanging from a tree for a month after season because the hunter insists on making sure everyone in the county sees it, might mean that a non-hunting landowner seeing it may not give permission for others to hunt next year. Pics and mounts of trophies done with respect are accepted by most folks....pics of deer blown to bits with a bunch of guns laughing in the background, not so much. While telling your hunting buddy "if it's brown, it's down" may get a nod in agreement from him, from the little ol' lady sitting next to you in church, it's pretty repulsive. Folks claim they don't care what non-hunters think, but they should. Many of us hunt property that non-hunters own. Many of us hunt public land that non-hunters help finance and help regulate. Hunters for the most part are a minority. We are allowed to hunt because the aggressive non-hunters are also a minority. It's those folks neutral to hunting that make the difference so we can continue to hunt the way we do. Do we want them to have a positive or negative image of us?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts