Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was just re-gifted a brand new pair of Vasque all-leather (with some Goretex) hunting boots. I have been breaking them in but notice they squeak enough to be noisy. Any suggestions on how to lessen this noise?

·
Banned
367 Posts
Don't know Vasque, but I hunt in my Nick's, or my White's for the past 2 decades.
Typically when they "squeek" they are dry, and are squeeking between the leather and the rubber in the heel/sole area.
Obenauf's boot oil/grease is what I use. If you go and buy Nick's or White's Branded oil, THAT is what it is.... Just at the premium of the name.

About once a year mine REALLY need a good working over(work, play, fightfireing). Clean them up, and dry them out. Then REALLY get a good application, I usually do two coats. Then ALSO to the inside of them.

Squeek solved.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My brother has a pair of Danner boots that squeak. They still do even after years of use. He has tried everything to stop it and has failed. He just lives with it.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Try some mink oil or leather conditioner between the tongue and the eyelet flaps, that is where they usually squeek.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
:)
I just was just re-gifted a brand new pair of Vasque all-leather (with some Goretex) hunting boots. I have been breaking them in but notice they squeak enough to be noisy. Any suggestions on how to lessen this noise?
I wear Danners and Georgia Boots, and have solved the noise issue with an annual soaking with good aerosol silicone waterproofing for leather.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'm a fan of Wolverine boots. I wear them everywhere (school, work, hunting, you get the idea) and haven't had a problem with them squeaking. There cheap too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:)

I wear Danners and Georgia Boots, and have solved the noise issue with an annual soaking with good aerosol silicone waterproofing for leather.
My dad, who handed boots down, said look into silicone. Do you mean literal soaking or generous application to tongue and other areas where leather rubs leather?

Brand of silicone suggestion sir?
Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts