Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - Email I just received from Henry Repeating Arms:

Dear Valued Henry Customers,
Hurricane Sandy has caused significant damage to the Henry Repeating Arms plant in Bayonne New Jersey.
We do not have any electricity, nor do we have any telephone or email service.
We are hoping that we will once again be operational by the week of November 12th.
In the meantime, we ask that you refrain from attempting to contact us.
Also please refrain from shipping any firearms to us until we send a followup email confirming that we are once again operational.
If you are a Henry vendor, please do not ship any parts to us until we confirm we are operational.
Rest assured, we will be back building our rifles again as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty.
And if you were affected by the storm, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sincerely,
Anthony Imperato
President, Henry Repeating Arms

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didn't see your post and made a similar one. I'm trying to figure out how to delete mine.
At least we had the same thought... to get the word out.
I think quite a few of us who appreciate Made-In-America Rugers also are fond of Henry rifles.

I'm not sure how it works, but there is a "thread tools" button at the top, and within that is an option to "close thread"

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
At least we had the same thought... to get the word out.
I think quite a few of us who appreciate Made-In-America Rugers also are fond of Henry rifles.

I'm not sure how it works, but there is a "thread tools" button at the top, and within that is an option to "close thread"
I believe only the mods can close delete threads.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
I didn't see your post and made a similar one. I'm trying to figure out how to delete mine.
303 ... I took care of the duplicate thread for you. Thanks guys for posting this info.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Got the same email. Hope they recover soon and all is well with them.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Tony Imperato is a shining example of a successful American Businessman. I had an exchange of communications with him in another subject area last Spring (not firearms related) and he went out of his way to show his appreciation for our assistance.

I would love to have a Henry someday soon, and wish his company a speedy recovery from this disaster.

·
Registered
223 Posts
great people to do business with

nice people, glad they came through the storm in pretty good shape! HENRY ROCKS.:D

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From the email it sounds like the Henry plant is damaged and has lost power and communications, but will be back up and running.

Companies with a heritage who still make all their products here in the USA are a national treasure.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Good news for Henry Rifle
I received an e-mail from Anthony Imperato at Henry Rifle saying that they expect to be back in business by December 1st. (I suspect many of you who own Henry rifles got this message)

A lot of expensive equipment was damaged beyond repair by salt water flooding, but they have been working hard at repairing and replacing everything. One big loss was a CNC machine that had to be replaced.

One upside to this disaster is that their manufacturing capacity will be greater after they get up and running.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I received an e-mail from Anthony Imperato at Henry Rifle saying that they expect to be back in business by December 1st. (I suspect many of you who own Henry rifles got this message)

A lot of expensive equipment was damaged beyond repair by salt water flooding, but they have been working hard at repairing and replacing everything. One big loss was a CNC machine that had to be replaced.

One upside to this disaster is that their manufacturing capacity will be greater after they get up and running.

Good news. Love my Henry.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My Henry .17 HMR lever gun is one of the slickest & best rifles I've ever shot, & Henry's customer service is second to none. I was saddened to hear they got hit so hard by the storm, & I'm thrilled they're nearly ready to restart production. Finally, some good news!

·
Registered
350 Posts
For those who are interested, here's what Henry had to contend w/ in the wake of the storm:

Bayonne's High-Tech Rifle Factory Has Huge Losses From Sandy, Vows To Recover

And here's the full text of the email received earlier today by customers on the Henry mailing list:

Dear Valued Henry Customers,

We are pleased to report that we are well on our way to a full recovery from the significant damage sustained from Hurricane Sandy. More than 100 pieces of manufacturing machinery that were damaged by salt water are on track to be repaired or replaced by December 1st. We expect to be fully operational by the beginning of December and have already begun shipping Henry rifles to our distributors.

Anthony Imperato, President of the company states, “This is a painstaking process. We’ve had to replace motors, circuit boards, pumps, coolant tanks, and more. Some of our most expensive sophisticated machinery was damaged beyond repair and had to be replaced outright. We are getting through this with the help of some very talented people including our own staff and we’re on track to emerge stronger with increased manufacturing capacity”.

Sincerely,

Anthony Imperato
President
Henry Repeating Arms

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

Received the same email this morning.
A Henry lever action should be my next rifle.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Those Henry's are just to pretty to want to shoot and get all scuffed up. I'd like a Marlin GBL in 45-70 and I here Henry has made a 45-70,but it ain't stainless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts